Officials: Hoffman Estates fire started during plumbing work

 
By Emmagrace Sperle
Daily Herald correspondent
Updated 9/27/2021 7:53 PM

No injuries were reported after a fire caused $14,000 in damage to a Hoffman Estates home Monday afternoon.

Firefighters responded at 3:27 p.m. to a single-tory home at 550 Norridge Lane, where they found smoke coming from the front eaves, according to a news release.

 

Crews found the fire in a wall where plumbing work was being done and were able to extinguish it quickly.

The initial investigation showed the fire was accidentally started due to the maintenance work. The home has smoke detectors, but it is unclear if they were working at the time of the fire.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments
Attention: We are experiencing technical difficulties with our Facebook Comments module at this time. Comments will remain disabled until we are able to resolve the problem. We apologize for the interruption. We invite you to engage with our content and talk with other commenters on our Daily Herald Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DailyHeraldFans/. Thank you.