New crew docks at China's first permanent space station
Chinese astronauts have begun their six-month mission on China's first permanent space station, after successfully docking aboard their spacecraft
New Zealand dispenses record number of jabs at 'Vaxathon'New Zealand health care workers have administered a record number of vaccine jabs as the nation holds a festival aimed at getting more people inoculated against the coronavirus
Islamic State claims mosque bombing in south AfghanistanThe Islamic State group says its members are responsible for a deadly suicide bombing on a Shiite mosque in southern Afghanistan
Illinois police dog comforts grieving after loss of handlerURBANA, Ill. (AP) - As he approaches his annual employee evaluation, Winston has a lock on 'exceeds expectations.' Consider that since December, the chocolate Labrador had to graduate from therapy-dog school, relocate from balmy Florida to chilly Champaign County, start a new job, acclimate to loving strangers, then abruptly be robbed of his 24/7 work partner and handler.
How Bears' purchase of Arlington Park happened, and what might happen nextWhile talk of a Bears move to the suburbs has been happening for years, the team's pending purchase of Arlington Park and its 326 acres makes a move feel more real than ever before. Here's a look at how we got to this point, and what might happen next.
Russian filmmakers land after shoot aboard space stationA Soyuz space capsule carrying a cosmonaut and two Russian filmmakers has landed after a 3 1/2-hour trip from the International Space Station
Father of suspect in UK lawmaker's slaying is 'traumatized'The father of a man held for the fatal stabbing of a British lawmaker during a meeting with local voters has told British media that he was shocked and 'traumatized' by his son's arrest, as police continued questioning the suspect under terrorism laws
Volunteers in the sky watch over migrant rescues by seaA humanitarian effort seeks to monitor human rights violations and assist in the rescue of migrants fleeing Libya to Europe by boat on the Mediterranean Sea
Heavy rains, floods leave 8 dead, 12 missing in south IndiaAt least eight people have died and a dozen are feared missing following a day of torrential rains in the southern Indian state of Kerala
Japan's Kishida sends offering to controversial Tokyo shrineJapan's new Prime Minister Fumio Kishida has donated religious offerings to a Tokyo shrine viewed by Chinese and Koreans as a symbol of Japanese wartime aggression
US religious group says 17 missionaries kidnapped in HaitiA group of 17 U.S. missionaries including children has been kidnapped by a gang in Haiti, according to a voice message sent to various religious missions by an organization with direct knowledge of the incident
- 12:01 AMIllinois shelter partners with health groups to build trust
- 11:14 PMWheaton police searching for bank robbery suspect
- 11:00 PMToday in History
- 10:53 PMRobert Durst hospitalized with COVID-19, his lawyer says
- 9:10 PMVenezuela halts talks after Maduro ally's extradition to US
- 6:10 PMVenezuela's government halts talks with opponents in retaliation for extradition to US of Maduro ally
- 5:17 PMBill Clinton to spend 1 more night in California hospital
More Suburban News
- WheatonWheaton police searching for bank robbery suspect
- NapervilleAnother threat closes Naperville North
- Lake CountyFormer Libertarian candidate for governor charged with threatening Lake County judges
- CrimeDeerfield man sentenced for defrauding children's charity
- Round Lake BeachNew center in Round Lake Park quarduples fragrance maker's manufacturing footprint
- LombardNational Indo-American Museum opens in Lombard
- Downers GroveLate Army staff sergeant's love of scuba diving inspires Palatine mom to write children's book
- ElginBody found in Elgin a week ago identified as homeless man
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows police chief named temporary city manager
- NewsTeenage boy charged with hijacking woman's car in Willowbrook
- Vernon HillsVehicle suspected in deadly hit and run located
- St. CharlesZen Leaf waiting for state approval to move to former Jared Jewelry store in St. Charles
- WaucondaNew Wauconda village administrator has varied suburban experience
- GurneeHobby Lobby opening at Gurnee Mills in early 2022
- BataviaBatavia aldermen favor two dam options: Remove it or lower it
Owls, pumpkin patches and football games means it's autumn in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for October 2-8, 2021.
Through the Film Magnifier: Richard Nixon, ballet classes, baseball tryouts, donkey basketball and more
Bull frogs, cow pies, rescue dogs and race horses are all part of The Week in Pictures photo gallery for September, 18-24, 2021.
Antioch visited Wauconda, Maine South played against Glenbrook North and Buffalo Grove played at Prospect on Friday night, September 24, 2021.