St. Charles home catches fire

 
By Mary Chappell
Daily Herald correspondent
Updated 10/22/2020 9:54 PM

A home caught fire in St. Charles Thursday afternoon, but no one was injured.

Fire crews responded to the 600 block of South Fourth Avenue at 3:07 p.m. and discovered the fire was coming from the framing behind the fireplace, according to a news release from the St. Charles Fire Department.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 

Firefighters removed the siding and sheathing to access and extinguish the fire.

The damage was estimated at $15,000, and the home is still habitable.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.