Carpool concerts begin next week in Lake County
Rock concerts in the age of coronavirus shift from online to real time beginning June 25 with the debut of carpool concerts at the Lake County Fairgrounds and Convention Center in Grayslake.
The 75-minute concerts featuring Chicago-area cover bands begin Thursday, June 25, at 1060 E. Peterson Road, and run through Sunday, June 28. The schedule is as follows:
• June 25, 4 and 7 p.m. -- Sixteen Candles Band
• June 26, 4 p.m. -- Boy Band Review
• June 26, 7 p.m. -- Trippin' Billies (Dave Matthews tribute band)
• June 27, 4 p.m. -- Infinity (Journey tribute band)
• June 27, 7 p.m. -- Southern Accents (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers tribute band)
• June 28, 4 p.m. -- American English (The Beatles tribute band)
• June 28, 7 p.m. -- band to be announced
Carpools are limited to four people who must remain in their cars during the concert. Concertgoers who have to leave a vehicle for any reason must wear a face mask and adhere to physical distancing.
Concessions will not be available.
Tickets must be purchased in advance. General admission is $50 for two people, $75 for three people and $100 for four people. VIP tickets, which provide for parking close to the stage, start at $70. See duffentertainment.com for more information.