Naperville police release arrest reports from downtown disturbance
Naperville police have released the names of five of the 11 people charged late Monday and early Tuesday when vandals and looters broke downtown windows and robbed stores after what had been a peaceful protest.
A sixth person who was arrested was later released without charges. The cases of the other five people remain under investigation, authorities said.
Here are the charges made public so far:
• Joshua Jason Tyrel Captain, 23, of Chicago, was charged with felony burglary and felony possession of a controlled substance. He was not given bond. He is being held at DuPage County jail.
• Jaylen Demond Warfield, 21, of Woodridge, was charged with felony burglary. He was not given bond. He is being held at DuPage County jail.
• Ricardo Escamilla Jr., 18, of West Chicago, was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and breach of peace and misdemeanor interfering with a police officer. His bond was set at $120 and he was released.
• Arsenio Deshaun Smith, 29, of Aurora, was charged with misdemeanor possession of stolen property. His bond was set at $150 and he was released.
• Vanessa Chantal Grimes, 31, of Aurora, was charged with misdemeanor theft and misdemeanor possession of stolen property. Her bond was set at $1,500 and she was released.