Small fire damages garage in Itasca

 
Daily Herald report
Updated 3/26/2020 10:45 AM

Itasca firefighters extinguished a small blaze Wednesday evening in the detached garage of a house on the 300 block of Emmerson Avenue.

Fire officials said they received the call at about 6 p.m. and arrived to discover a bag of charcoal inside the garage had ignited a small fire that is estimated to have caused about $500 in damage.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 

A resident at the house was operating a smoker outside the garage when the fire started. Fire officials believe an old electrical cord near the bag of charcoal sparked the blaze.

No injuries were reported.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.