Teen who made threat against Huntley High School gets probation, community service
A 19-year-old man has been sentenced to two years of probation, community service and restitution after pleading guilty to a reduced, misdemeanor charge in a social media threat against Huntley High School.
Ryan J. Sadoski, of the 10000 block of Fleetwood, Huntley, was arrested and charged with felony disorderly conduct in a Sept. 21, 2018 threat against the high school in which police said he posted a photo on Snapchat of a real rifle on a desk with a message warning students not to go to school the next day.
Another student saw the post and reported it to school administrators, who turned over the post to police.
Authorities obtained and executed a search warrant at Sadoski's house and arrested him. Authorities seized two guns, one of which likely was the firearm pictured in the Snapchat post.
Authorities said no other people were involved in the threat. No one was injured and the owner of the guns had a valid Firearms Owner's Identification Card, police said.
Sadoski, who was free on bond, faced a sentence ranging from probation to up to three years in prison on the felony charge.
On Nov. 27, Sadoski pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of attempted disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor, and was sentenced by McHenry County Judge Sharon Prather to two years of probation, 100 hours of community service, and $1,390.24 restitution, according to court records.
Sadoski also must pay $1,139 in court fines and fees, write an apology letter and continue with his "medical treatment," court records show. He can be resentenced to up to 364 days in jail if he violates his probation.
A message seeking comment from his defense attorney, Jeffrey Altman, was not immediately returned Monday.
A message left for Huntley High School Principal Marcus Belin seeking comment on if Sadoski had been suspended or expelled, was not returned.