No injuries in fire at Naperville business
A mechanical failure in a dust collection unit apparently sparked a fire Friday afternoon at Laser Technologies Inc. at 1120 Frontenac Road in Naperville, authorities said.
No injuries were reported.
Firefighters said they responded at 2:31 p.m. to a 911 call from an employee about a fire in the rear of the commercial building. The first crews arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the one-story structure.
The building already had been evacuated.
The blaze was extinguished within 30 minutes, firefighters said, although it took extra time to extinguish areas smoldering around the machine and to remove smoke from the warehouse area. Crews continued to perform salvage and overhaul operations for another hour after the main fire was put out.
The Aurora Fire Department came to the scene with a large area ventilation unit to remove smoke from the warehouse.
The building was deemed habitable after consulting with an inspector from the Naperville Transportation, Engineering, & Development Department.