Oakton enters transfer agreements with seven colleges and universities
Oakton Community College has reached seven new transfer partnerships with four-year colleges and universities over the past year, school officials announced recently.
The new partnerships bring the total to 27 colleges and universities that Oakton has entered into agreements with for students.
"College transitions done well is a win for Oakton students," Oakton Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs/College Transitions Anne Brennan said in the announcement. "Getting started at Oakton before you transfer is cost-effective and convenient. Many agreements offer guaranteed admission, financial incentives such as reduced tuition costs or scholarships, advising and some even offer direct placement into honors."
Here are the seven new partnerships and how students can benefit:
• Arizona State University's guaranteed admission program includes benefits for Oakton students, including online advising with plans designed to make the transfer seamless.
• Columbia College Chicago entered into a guaranteed admission transfer program agreement that awards scholarships when students transfer. Columbia College Chicago offers this guarantee for all Oakton degrees, including A.A., A.S., A.F.A., and several A.A.S. degrees. Columbia has created A.A.S. to B.A. transfer agreements in advertising and public relations, as well as an A.A.S. to B.F.A. in graphic design.
• Elmhurst College entered into an honors program agreement with Oakton after signing a dual enrollment agreement last year. As part of the honors program agreement, honors faculty advisers choose one honors student per year to receive two comprehensive tuition-free years at Elmhurst College, worth more than $70,000 each.
• Lake Forest College entered into three transfer agreements with Oakton, including a guaranteed admission program and a dual enrollment program allowing enrollment at Lake Forest College at Oakton tuition prices. There's also an environmental studies pathways program that allows Oakton students to enroll in Lake Forest classes during summer term at discounted tuition rates and also a scholarship component worth $20,000 to $25,000.
• Marquette University's guaranteed admission program provides guaranteed admission to Oakton transfers with at least 24 credit hours while maintaining a specified grade-point average, provided they graduate from Oakton in three years.
• Northern Illinois University entered a guaranteed admission agreement with Oakton, and the university also has an honors articulation agreement, which allows Oakton students with a 3.0 GPA to enter Northern's honors program.
• Roosevelt University entered a dual degree program with Oakton, guaranteeing admission to Roosevelt in all degree programs except those in the Chicago College of Performing Arts and College of Pharmacy. Oakton has a separate agreement for pharmacy transfer students. Dual degree students earn a guaranteed $1,000 scholarship and can earn additional scholarships based on GPA. An honors program agreement coordinates transfer policies, enhances advising and promotes acceptance into Roosevelt's honors program, officials said. Honors students are guaranteed scholarships worth between $13,000 and $15,000.