How to prepare for Women's March Chicago
About the event
• Rally begins at 11 a.m. in Grant Park. Enter at Congress Parkway and Columbus Drive.
• Site opens at 9 a.m. with recorded videos and music.
• A family zone and access for people with disabilities will be at Monroe Street and Columbus Drive.
• March begins about 12:30 p.m. along Michigan Avenue, Jackson Boulevard and Clark Street.
• March ends at Federal Plaza. Participants are asked to immediately exit the area to allow all marchers through.
• Register online to help organizers prepare for crowds. Last year's turnout? An estimated 250,000 people.
• Prepare for the weather: Saturday's expected high is 40, according to AccuWeather.
• Arrive early. Public transportation will be crowded. Metra is adding extra trains on some lines. See Metrarail.com/node/5683.
• Bring your own handheld signs.
• Pack a lunch or eat at a nearby restaurant. No on-site food or drink vendors will be available.
• Plan to meet your group at one of the march's designated meetup spots, or register your own.
• The Chicago Temple at Washington and Clark streets is opening as a meetup spot and warming station before and during the event.
• Join the private Facebook group or like the page: www.facebook.com/WomensMarchChicago/
• Visit the website: womens121marchonchicago.org/.
Source: Event organizer Claire Shingler and Women's March Chicago