G-7 summit in France a test of unity among world leaders
World leaders and protesters are converging on the southern French resort town of Biarritz for the Group of Seven summit
Presidential hopefuls woo prominent suburban Democrats, who say sorry, give us a little timeThe primary is months off, but suburban Democrats' phones are ringing as presidential campaigns line up support and volunteers are phone-banking.
75 years later, US World War II veterans say: Never forgetU.S. World War II veterans are back in Paris to celebrate the anniversary of the liberation of the French capital from the Nazis
South Bend becomes a growing haven for Orthodox JewsSouth Bend becomes a growing haven for Orthodox Jews
Billionaire David Koch, conservative donor, dies at age 79Billionaire industrialist David H. Koch, who with his older brother, Charles, transformed American politics by pouring their riches into conservative causes, has died at age 79. The cause of death was not disclosed, but Koch Industries said Koch, who lived in New York City, had contended for years with various illnesses, including prostate cancer.
Supreme Court: Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated for tumor on pancreasThe Supreme Court says Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has completed radiation therapy for a tumor on her pancreas and there is no evidence of the disease remaining.
Disney Legends honor prompts Robert Downey Jr. pot storyRobert Downey Jr. says he had a wild Disneyland ride in his younger days
Carpentersville mom says police searched home without warrant, traumatized her childrenA Carpentersville woman is suing the village and police saying her home was illegally searched and children traumatized
Change in state law on police questioning prompted by death of Naperville North studentA new state law requiring requiring that a parent or guardian be notified when law enforcement questions a student was prompted by the death of a Naperville North High School student.
Israel says it thwarts imminent Iranian attack from SyriaThe Israeli military says it has attacked targets near Damascus in what was a successful effort to thwart an imminent Iranian drone strike on Israel, stepping up an already heightened campaign against Iranian military activity in the region
Lightning strike at Tour Championship causes 5 injuriesLightning hits pine tree at Tour Championship, injuring 5
Suburban Heroes: How 4 St. Charles firefighters saved stranded boatersForty seconds. That's the length of time that elapsed between the successful rescue of three boaters stranded on the Fox River and the moment their disabled vessel plunged over the dam.
- 4:47 PMPowerful, obscure law is basis for Trump 'order' on trade
- 4:23 PMWill the real Mr. No-Deal step forward please?
- 4:23 PMDisney teases 'Star Wars,' 'Frozen 2,' more at convention
- 4:20 PMBarrington man ready to swim through Atlantic currents, possibly sharks to help ALS research
- 4:15 PMNational Hurricane Center: Tropical Storm Dorian becomes fourth tropical storm of this year's Atlantic hurricane season
- 4:09 PMThe Latest: 68 arrests reported at protest near G-7 summit
- 4:03 PMFacts Matter: Google didn't manipulate 2016 election
More Suburban News
- PalatinePalatine Street Fest concludes Sunday
- East DundeeSanta Springs water play area opening today at Santa's Village in East Dundee
- WheatonHot rods rolling up to charity car show hosted by DuPage sheriff's office
- PoliticsFormer U-46 board member Ward seeks Oberweis' Senate seat
- Buffalo GroveWoodman's proposes second gas station in Buffalo Grove
- Rolling MeadowsSuspect in Rolling Meadows shooting held on $500,000 bail
- NapervilleFamily of heart attack survivor spreading lifesaving skills through CPR
- EducationWauconda Unit District 118, teachers agree to 5-year deal
- AddisonAddison man charged with sexually abusing girls
- NewsArlington Heights funeral home to host naloxone training to prevent opioid overdoses
- Downers GroveDuPage chiropractor accused of sexually assaulting patients
- Kane CountyMan in prison for having 42 pounds of THC chocolates to get clemency hearing in October
- CarpentersvilleCarpentersville mom says police searched home without warrant, traumatized her children
- NapervilleChange in state law on police questioning prompted by death of Naperville North student
- St. CharlesSuburban Heroes: How 4 St. Charles firefighters saved stranded boaters