Color, flowers needed to create an inviting patio
My creative design ability is nil. While I love sitting in my yard and having a few friends over, its ambience could really be better. I need some decor, flowers and just a better look.
Help, help please!
Design by Blain's Farm & Fleet, Elgin
Expert: Nicole Kilmer, www.farmandfleet.com
This home has a good start for the backyard living space -- the family just needs to add some personality to make this space more inviting. Blains Farm & Fleet is the place to go to add some life to your boring backyard for everyone to enjoy.
• First, we want need to add comfort. For add seating we are suggesting a pair of colorful Bordeaux Captiva Adirondack chairs with contoured seats and back for extra comfort. Add some fun to these chairs with a pair of printed 16-inch square throw pillows. Perfect for comfort to this outdoor living space.
• Add more comfort and a little fun with our Algoma Cloud 9 hanging chaise lounger and you will feel like you are floating on Cloud 9! The chair comes complete with hanging seat, pillow, frame and polyester sun shade. Relax, you deserve it!
• We want to create a space where the family will hang out so by adding a fire table, we are creating a focal point for the next family gathering. The Lari gas fire table by Bond Manufacturing brings the warmth of the fire to a crisp summer night, making any backyard feel like home.
• One of the issues with this space is its lack of coverage, making it a challenge to be outside for a long time on a sunny day. An easy fix for this is our Algoma Triangle Shade Sail. This shade sail is a unique way to add shade yet drama to this space. And it is made with UV-protected fabric.
• Of course, no backyard would be complete without a grill to feed your family and friends. The Weber Genesis is world-class grilling engine, featuring three powerful burners with igrill3 smart technology compatibility. This is the new standard in gas grilling.
• Finally, to finish the look, we need to add flowers. By planting Longfield Garden begonias, you add color all season long and they are ideal for shady areas. We would also add flowers at varied heights to add depth. Around the concrete patio, we suggest ground plantings and hanging baskets around the space. But rather than just placing pots of flowers on the patio, we want to add a touch of the Old World and hang flower baskets on Rustic Italia double shepherd hooks strategically placed at the patio corners to add color at different heights.