Dining out: Are you ready for National Margarita Day?
National Margarita Day
Yes, it's a real thing: National Margarita Day is Friday, Feb. 22. Here are some ways you can celebrate this tropical drink:
• Bahama Breeze: It's a steal: Classic margaritas are only $2.22 on Thursday and Friday, Feb. 21-22. Plus, the restaurant has added two new cocktails to its menu: the Mystic Margarita and Coconut-Pineapple Margarita. The restaurant is at 406 E. Golf Road, Schaumburg, (847) 884-7060 or bahamabreeze.com/.
• Bien Trucha Group: Bien Trucha (Geneva), A Toda Madre (Glen Ellyn) and Quiubo (Naperville) will be offering the Mangonero (mango, habanero-infused exotico reposado, orange curaçao, citrus and tajin) for $10 on Friday. For every margarita sold Friday at Bien Trucha Group restaurants, they will be donating $1 to Lazarus House (from Bien Trucha), Casa of DuPage County (from A Toda Madre), 360 Youth Services (from Santo Cielo in Naperville) and Little Friends School (from Quiubo). bientruchagroup.com/
• Chuy's: Drink specials will be flowing all day on Friday, including $1 off top-shelf skinny ritas and $1 floaters to top off your margarita. Visit locations at 1701 E. Golf Road, Schaumburg, (847) 285-1667, or 28244 Diehl Road, Warrenville, (630) 393-0911, or chuys.com/.
• Chili's: The Cuervo Blue Margarita, Tropical Sunrise Margarita, and Blueberry and Pineapple Margarita are only $5 on Friday. And throughout February, the limited-time Grand Romance Margarita (a mix of Lunazul Blanco Tequila, Grand Marnier, fresh sour and pomegranate) is only $5. Chili's has locations throughout the suburbs. chilis.com/
• Fat Rosie's: Try one of 11 different margaritas on the rocks on Friday, from the house margarita to the hibiscus, blackberry, purple basil, strawberry-jalapeno, Corona-rita and more. If you'd rather go the frozen route, check out the frozen house margarita, mango margarita or Fat Rosie's (a mix of the house margarita, sangria and mango margarita). Locations are at 47 E. Chicago Ave., Naperville, (630) 328-0060, and 28 Kansas St., Frankfort, (815) 534-1640, or fatrosies.com/.
• The Heritage: On Friday, the restaurant is turning its classic Something & Tonic cocktail into the Something & Tonic Margarita (a mix of Piedra Azul Blanco Tequila, Del Maguey Vida Mezcal, fresh lime juice, orange liqueur, simple syrup and Benedictine). The cocktail is $11, and it will be available all week. The restaurant is at 7403 Madison St., Forest Park, (708) 435 4937 or theheritageforestpark.com/.
• McCormick & Schmick's: During happy hour Friday, sip on $6 Gold Margaritas. Find them at 3001 Butterfield Road, Oak Brook, (630) 571-3700, and 5320 N. River Road, Rosemont, (847) 233-3776, or mccormickandschmicks.com/.
• Miller's Ale House: Sip on a house or watermelon margarita for $2.22 on Friday, Feb. 22. For $1 more, upgrade to Patron. Find Miller's in Aurora, Lombard, Schaumburg and other suburbs. millersalehouse.com/.
• On the Border: Now through Friday, Feb. 22, the 1800 Gran 'Ritas (1800 silver tequila, Gran Gala orange liquor and our fresh lime sour mix) are $5. Add a custom flavor infusion in the form of a Meltdown (Blue Curacao, peach schnapps, Dekuyper Sour Apple or Well Gold Tequila) for 99 cents. Find OTB in Algonquin, Naperville, Schaumburg, St. Charles and Vernon Hills. ontheborder.com/.
Bahama Breeze honors National Margarita Day Friday with the new Mystic Margarita.
- Courtesy of Bahama Breeze
Big Bad Beer Day
For all beer lovers out there, it's Big Bad Beer Day Thursday, Feb. 21, at Beerhead Bar & Eatery in Bolingbrook, Elmhurst, Schaumburg and Vernon Hills. Each bar will be tapping up to 20 rare and barrel-aged beers all day until they're gone. At 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20, it's Big Bad Beer Eve -- a private food and beer tasting featuring four barrel-aged beers paired with small plates (roasted red pepper tomato bisque with goat cheese, BLT salad, chicken and vegetable skewers with rosemary redskin potatoes and pecan pie). Tickets are $40 per person. Beerhead Bar & Eatery has locations at 641 E. Boughton Road, Suite 110, Bolingbrook, (630) 739-3000; 100 N. York St., Elmhurst, (630) 433-2337; 1270 S. Milwaukee Ave., Vernon Hills, (847) 955-1900; and 888 N. Meacham, Schaumburg, (847) 517-8300. beerheadbar.com/
McHenry County Restaurant Week
Looking for deals on meals? Check out McHenry County Restaurant Week, which runs Friday, Feb. 22, through Sunday, March 3. Participating restaurants include 1776 Restaurant (Crystal Lake), Breaking Bread (Cary and Crystal Lake), Broken Oar (Port Barrington), Cafe 31 North (McHenry), Crystal Lake Rib House, Duke's Alehouse and Kitchen (Crystal Lake), Georgio's Chicago Pizzeria & Pub (Crystal Lake), Scorched Earth Brewing Co. (Algonquin), Shadowview Brewing (Woodstock), Tartan Bistro (Crystal Lake), The Double Yolk Cafe (Woodstock), UpRooted (McHenry) and more. See visitmchenrycounty.com/RestaurantWeek.
City Works' 'First Draft'
The new City Works eatery and pour house in Schaumburg is set to officially open to the public at 11 a.m. Monday, Feb. 25. But diners eager to get an early look can come to the "First Draft" Soft Opening Charity Event from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 23, benefiting the Greater Chicago Food Depository. For $50, there will be a full food menu of classic American cuisine and an open bar featuring 90 local and global craft beers on draft. One hundred percent of ticket sale proceeds will go to the food bank.
City Works' menu features shareables including the Kung Pao cauliflower, smoked chicken wings and duck nachos; tacos such as chicken tinga and short rib; sandwiches including the filet mignon sliders, fried chicken sandwich and the signature City Works burger made with a short rib/brisket blend; and entrees such as the smoked barbecue ribs, red grouper and the ahi tuna chopped salad. Brunch will be offered on the weekends until 3 p.m., featuring stuffed French toast, short rib hash, biscuits and gravy and the 20-ounce Churchill Bloody Mary. Starting Monday, hours will be 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday. City Works is located at 1850 E. Golf Road, Schaumburg, (847) 584-2500 or cityworksrestaurant.com/schaumburg/.
Ocean to Plate dinner
Make your reservations now: Catch 35 in Naperville is celebrating Yellowfin Tuna week with a three-course Ocean to Plate Dinner at 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25. Chef Eddie Sweeney will explore tastes, cooking techniques and butchery during the $35 dinner. Pairings include spicy Asian yellowfin tuna tartare with Yorkville Cellars Sauvignon Blanc, Mendocino, CA, 2017; seared yellowfin tuna poke with Smith and Perry Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, OR, 2015; and grilled yellowfin tuna steak au poivre with Alexander Valley merlot, Sonoma County, CA, 2016. Catch 35 is at 35 S. Washington St., Naperville, (630) 717-3500 or catch35.com/.
Want to try some new suds? Naperville's Solemn Oath Brewing heads to Empire Burgers + Brew for a five-course beer dinner from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26. The $65 dinner includes pairings like Solemn Oath Spearman and roasted chestnut and bacon soup; Snaggletooth Bandanna and lump crab, prawn and avocado ceviche and Barrel-Aged Goldmund and braised short ribs, root veggie mash and demi glaze. For dessert, sip on the Barrel-Aged Hobson paired with tiramisu parfait. Make reservations by emailing email@example.com. Empire Burgers + Brew is at 48 W. Chicago Ave., Naperville, (630) 355-9000 or empireburgerbar.com.
Michael Jordan's Restaurant in Oak Brook offers a new steak-tasting experience dubbed Steaksmanship.
- Courtesy of Michael Jordan's Restaurant
Steak times 3
If your mouth waters at the thought of steak, then you might want to check out Michael Jordan's Restaurant's new steak-tasting experience Steaksmanship. Meant for sharing, it's a collection of three cuts -- a 16-ounce bone-in filet mignon, a 16-ounce Linz Heritage Reserve Prime Delmonico, and an 8-ounce Mishima Reserve Ultra American Wagyu Strip Loin, Manhattan Cut -- for $160. Three salts (Himalayan pink salt, Maldon sea salt and Pinot-infused sea salt) and three housemade sauces (balsamic ginger jus, truffled porcini Bordelaise and Roth Buttermilk Blue fondue) accompany the steaks. Michael Jordan's is at 1225 W. 22nd St., Oak Brook, (630) 828-2932 or michaeljordansrestaurant.com/.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org with suburban dining events.