Author events: Dan Rather discusses his book at NCC
• Clinical psychologist Dr. Meg Jay discusses her book, "Supernormal: The Untold Story of Adversity and Resilience," at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 28, at the Union League Club of Chicago, 65 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago. Tickets cost $45. The dress code is business casual; no denim is allowed. Call The Book Stall for reservations at (847) 446-8880. Visit thebookstall.com.
• Tina Brown, former editor-in-chief of Vanity Fair magazine, discusses her book, "The Vanity Fair Diaries: 1983-1992," at noon Wednesday, Nov. 29, at the University Club of Chicago, 76 E. Monroe St., Chicago. For information, call The Book Stall at (847) 446-8880. Visit thebookstall.com.
• Former "CBS Evening News" anchor and renowned journalist Dan Rather discusses his book, "What Unites Us," at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 29, in Pfeiffer Hall, on the campus of North Central College, 310 E. Benton Ave., Naperville. Rather will discuss his book with Becky Anderson; a Q&A with the audience will follow. Tickets cost $30 and are available at danratherandersons.brownpapertickets.com. Each ticket includes one copy of the book and admission for one person. Some random ticket holders will receive autographed copies of the book (autographed in advance). A portion of the proceeds will benefit NCTV17, the local nonprofit TV station. The event is sponsored by Anderson's Bookshop of Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Former WGN radio personalities Steve King and Johnnie Putman sign copies of their book about their friendship with legendary musician Les Paul, "A Little More Les," at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 30, at the McHenry Public Library, 809 Front St., McHenry. mchenrylibrary.org.
• Meet Renée Rosen, best-selling author of "Windy City Blues," at a free presentation, reception and book signing beginning at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 30, at North Suburban Synagogue Beth El, 1175 Sheridan Road, Highland Park. The program is part of the One Book, One Community, a celebration of Jewish Book Month. Free and open to the community. Register online at spertus.edu/onebook.
• Children's book author Sherri Duskey Rinker discusses her new holiday book, "The 12 Sleighs of Christmas," at a storytime program at 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 2, at The Book Stall, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or visit thebookstall.com.
• CSN Chicago and ESPN Radio's David Kaplan signs copies of his new book, "The Plan," from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 2, at ABT, 1200 N. Milwaukee Ave., Glenview. Tickets are not required. Reservations are recommended. (847) 954-4100.