- In 2005 the Barrington Hills Polo Club started the Kalaway Cup polo match, named for Ben Kalaway, killed in a car crash that year.
- 60010, 60021, 60102
- 42.141486, -88.200251
- Deer gather in a wooded area off Ridge Road in Barrington Hills Thursday morning. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Jim Root jogs on Donlea Road in Barrington Hills on Wednesday. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- Herons in Wildlife Refuge at Crabtree Nature Center in Barrington Hills. Bob Chwedyk | Staff
- A horse tries to fend off Canada Geese while eating at Hill N Dale Farms in Barrington Hills Paul Beaty | Staff
- Pastor James Wilson views the construction site of the new Barrington United Methodist Church. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Arlene DiVenuta, S. Bar, hugs Cherri Grana, Bar, outside of the new Barrington United Methodist Church in South Barrington during its first ever church service. Gilbert R. Boucher II | Staff
- Todd Rackley left, and Brian Raymond right, of Barrington Polo Club battle members of the Morgan creek Polo Club Saturday at Oakwood Farm in Barington Hills during the National Breast Cancer Foundation Charity Match. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- The Kennedy home in Barrington Hills which was used as Paul Newman's home in "Road to Perdition". The home was painted light green for the picture, and painted back to white once they were done. Chris Hankins | Staff
- Island Lake Police Officer John Janecke start off the Special Olympic Illinois Law Enforcement Torch Run at the Barrington Hills Police Department. Mark Black | Staff
- An elated Pastor Jim Wilson was on hand to witness the placing of the steeple on the new Barrington United Methodist Church, Friday afternoon, in Barrington Hills. Daily Herald Staff Photo
Chris Hankins photo
Algonquin firefighters Dave Hopkins and Wendy Gomoll monitor the progress of the fire they started Sunday morning. The Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Protection District used an empty home on Spring Creek Drive in Barrington Hills as a training site throughout the week, culminating in Sunday's complete burn. Chris Hankins | Staff
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Barrington High School
- 616 W. Main St.
Barrington, Il 60010-3099
- Broncos (boys) and Fillies (girls)
- Harry D. Jacobs High School
- 2601 Bunker Hill Dr.
Algonquin, Il 60102
- Golden Eagles
- Barrington Hills Park District
Daily Herald Communities
- Henry Paulson
- U.S. Treasury Secretary from 2006-09 under President George W. Bush.