People on the move
• Jack Carriglio, a member of Cozen O'Connor's Commercial Litigation Department, has been appointed to the Judiciary Committee of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
ACTL is recognized as the preeminent organization of trial lawyers in North America, dedicated to maintaining and improving the standards of trial practice, professionalism, ethics, and the administration of justice.
The mandate of the College's Judiciary Committee is to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with the appropriate agencies, organizations, and the courts; analyze and seek to ameliorate barriers to the attraction and retention of highly qualified judges; distribute appropriate college publications; and participate in other programs and projects to educate, train, and assist the judiciaries in the discharge of their duties.
• The Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce has voted Adrian Aldrich, assistant vice president for institutional advancement at North Central College in Naperville, as the chair-elect for the board of directors.
Aldrich, a Naperville resident, is now in his second term on the NACC Board of Directors and has served on several committees of the NACC Board including Workforce Development, Governance and Finance.
• Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd. announced the promotion of two long-serving employees to vice president of the 200-person firm: Senior Project Manager Orion Galey, PE, and Assistant Construction Engineering Department Head Kevin Wilson, PE.
Galey is a professional civil engineer with vast experience in construction and design engineering. He joined CBBEL in 2003 and has managed complex transportation, streetscape, water and stormwater management projects. Galey serves as CBBEL's main point of contact for multiple municipalities, including the villages of Elmwood Park, Riverside, Bloomingdale and Oak Brook.
Wilson is a professional civil engineer and assistant department head of CBBEL's Construction Department. Wilson joined the firm in 2002 and his construction management experience consists of water main, storm sewer, sanitary sewer and highway resurfacing and reconstruction projects of a value up to $30 million.
• Leeco Steel, the largest supplier of steel plate in North America, announced the promotion of Eric LaPorte to sales manager -- service center, effective Jan. 3.
In his new role, LaPorte will manage and implement sales and customer service strategies for Leeco's service center sales team, based out of the company's Lisle headquarters.
LaPorte joined Leeco in 2011 as a sales representative on Leeco's service center team. He was later promoted to account manager in 2020 and senior account manager in 2021.
• Mowery & Schoenfeld, LLC announced that Michael Kidd -- consulting partner and director of transaction advisory services -- was named as one of the 2021 CPA Practice Advisor "40 under 40" Professionals.
Kidd joined the firm upon graduation from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2005 as an associate in the assurance practice. He immediately found he had a keen interest in the financial complexities of business transaction. After becoming a partner in 2013, Kidd started the firm's transaction advisory services practice in 2017. Transaction advisory now makes up 6.5% of the firm's revenue with 30% year-over-year growth in 2020.
• Email your business news to firstname.lastname@example.org.