Business Ledger to honor influential suburban businesswomen
The Daily Herald Business Ledger and its sponsoring partners will honor 21 local women executives during the 22nd Annual Influential Women in Business Awards on Nov. 1.
The recognition event and will be at 11 a.m. at the Oak Brook Hills Resort and Conference Center -- located at 3500 Midwest Road, Oak Brook.
The Influential Women in Business Awards are presented to outstanding women executives who excel in business, civic and personal arenas. The honorees' business must be located or have a major presence in the Business Ledger's primary editorial coverage area of suburban Chicago. The honorees were nominated by their peers and selected by a panel of Daily Herald Business Ledger executives.
The keynote speaker for the event will be Donna M. Carroll, president of Dominican University in River Forest. Carroll is the first lay president of the institution and has led the academic community through a successful name change from Rosary College to Dominican University. Today, Dominican is ranked by U.S. News and World Report among the top master's level universities in the Midwest.
The honorees will be profiled in a special issue of the Business Ledger to be published Dec. 16.
Cost to attend the reception is $55 per person. Corporate Tables are also available at a discounted rate of $45 per person. Registrations are being accepted online at www.dhbusinessledger.com.
Presenting sponsors of this year's awards are Republic Bank, Inc., Focus Capital Advisors and B. Gunther & Company. Marketing partners are National Association of Women Business Owners -- Chicago Area Chapter, Small Business Advocacy Council and MRA -- The Management Association.
2019 Influential Women in Business honorees• Ann Berberich, vice president of practices and talent, Paradigm Technology, Chicago
• Joanne Bratta, executive director, St. Mary's Services, Palatine
• Sarah Brown, director of human resources, Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center, Oak Brook
• Kyra Cavanaugh, president and founder, 15Be, Park Ridge
• Katie Clancy, founder, Clancy & Associates, Ltd., Lisle
• Tara R. Devine, partner, Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard, P.C., Waukegan
• Anne Doligale, senior vice president, treasury management, Signature Bank, Rosemont
• Judy Foley, founder and CEO, Navigate Transformation, Buffalo Grove
• Devan Hines, vice president, LaSalle Network, Chicago
• Arlene Levin, partner, Wipfli LLP, Lincolnshire
• Whitney McDaniel, director, High Conflict Mediation Institute, Plainfield
• Jessica McGrail, owner and founder, Dollar & Sense Bookkeeping, Inc., Batavia
• Sara Mikuta, risk advisory and forensic services partner, Wipfli LLP, Westchester
• Cherilyn G. Murer, president and CEO, CGM Advisory Group, Chicago
• Jasmine Panayotov, managing partner, Proceed Innovative, Schaumburg
• Grace Rizza, president, Identity Dental Marketing, Bloomingdale
• Peggy Sarason, greater Chicago Region vice president of finance, Comcast, Schaumburg
• Rosemary Swierk, president, Direct Steel and Construction, Crystal Lake
• Macarena Tamayo-Calabrese, president and CEO, Naper Settlement, Naperville
• Shefali Trivedi, executive director, Giving DuPage, Wheaton
• Lisa Wentzell, director of marketing and tourism, Downers Grove Economic Development Corp., Downers Grove