Public funds for a stadium on Arlington Park site? State lawmakers from the area split on it
Three state lawmakers who represent Arlington Heights differ on whether they'd support public funding if a professional sports franchise like the Chicago Bears sought to build a stadium on the Arlington Park site.
Downers Grove customers rally around beloved baker in critical condition with COVID-19It's not the same in downtown Downers Grove as Ingram's Busy Bee Bakery owner Chuck Kalousek is hospitalized with COVID-19.
Northwest suburban tourism bureau leader steps down FridayFriday marks the last day for Dave Parulo after more than a decade at the helm of a Northwest suburban tourism bureau.
Another residential development proposed northeast of Charlestowne MallAfter a developer decided last fall not to proceed with building a subdivision northeast of Charlestowne Mall in St. Charles, another developer has presented a concept plan to city officials for a residential development called Charlestowne Lakes.
Cascade Drive-in theater's return? It's now a matter of when, not if, in West ChicagoThe reopening of the Cascade Drive-in is playing out like a Hollywood script: Outdoor movie fans are still waiting in suspense.
Heritage-Crystal Clean reports financial resultsElgin-based Heritage-Crystal Clean Inc. said revenue for the first quarter of 2021 was $105.4 million compared to $107.3 million for the same quarter last year, a decrease of 1.8%.
Medela begins campaign to help working momsMedela, a breast pump maker with a manufacturing facility in McHenry, has created a new initiative to spotlight the critical role of new moms in the workplace.
Argonne helps Caterpillar improve diesel engine designResearchers at the U.S. Department of Energy's Argonne National Laboratory have joined forces with Caterpillar Inc. to develop a potential new piston design for heavy-duty diesel engines.
Facebook board upholds Trump ban, just not an indefinite oneFour months after Facebook suspended Former President Donald Trump's accounts for inciting violence that led to the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot, the company's quasi-independent oversight board upheld the bans. But it told Facebook to specify how long they would last, saying that its "indefinite" ban on the former president was unreasonable.
Peloton recalls treadmills after a child diesPeloton is recalling its treadmills after one child died and 29 other children suffered from cuts, broken bones and other injuries from being pulled under the rear of the treadmill.
CDW grows with move to remote workplacesLincolnshire-based CDW Corp. Wednesday said total net sales in the first quarter of 2021 were $4.8 billion, compared to $4.4 billion in the first quarter of 2020, an increase of 10.2%.
3 ways to help employees reduce financial stressHere are three ways an employer can encourage their employees to prepare for the next financial emergency.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Special ReportPublic funds for a stadium on Arlington Park site? State lawmakers from the area split on it
- Downers GroveDowners Grove customers rally around beloved baker in critical condition with COVID-19
- SchaumburgNorthwest suburban tourism bureau leader steps down Friday
- St. CharlesAnother residential development proposed northeast of Charlestowne Mall
- Des PlainesWill Des Plaines get a new Metra station?
- West ChicagoCascade Drive-in theater's return? It's now a matter of when, not if, in West Chicago
- WheelingPopeyes Louisiana Kitchen restaurant coming to Wheeling
- NapervilleBeyond apple: Suburban cider makers branch out with other fruit flavors
- Special ReportJim O'Donnell: Horses and Bears at Arlington Park would be an amazing daily double
- Special Report'We think horse racing is far from dead': Ex-Arlington Park leader wants to redevelop site
- NewsComatose woman fighting COVID-19 gets unapproved drug after judge's order
- BusinessWayback Burgers coming to Darien
- RosemontEvents to return to Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont
- MundeleinNew TIF district on Mundelein's south side
- BusinessCan Arlington Heights keep horse racing at track? Board hopes new rule will help.
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: WrestleMania, Michael Jordan, slot car recing, canoe classes and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Little League Opening Day, Jayne Kennedy, C3PO actor, First Test Tube baby and more