Lake Zurich Area Chamber announces excellence awards
The Lake Zurich Area Chamber of Commerce announced the award recipients for the 2017 Excellence Awards at their annual Evening of Excellence Awards Gala at Concorde Banquets in Kildeer with area business, political and community leaders present.
The Chamber's Excellence Awards recognize achievements in the areas of business, education, government and not-for-profit organizations for their efforts to make the Lake Zurich Area a better place in which to live and work. Nominations were made by chamber members, local residents and government entities.
Chamber President Claire Slattery of Mindful Mix, emceed the awards presentation following dinner.
The winners include:
• Business of the Year Award, Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lake Zurich
• New Business of the Year Award, Primrose School of Long Grove
• Nonprofit Organization of the Year Award, American Legion -- Post 964, Lake Zurich
• Citizen of the Year Award, John Kopecky, Long Grove
• Young Professional of the Year Award Amber Wirkus with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lake Zurich
• Community Unit School District 95 Educator of the Year Award, Melissa Pikul, assistant principal for student services, Lake Zurich High School
• Chamber Volunteer of the Year Award, Gale Cohen-DeMarco, Sport Clips, Lake Zurich
• Samuel R. Mitchell Director of the Year Award, Janet Robinson, Copper Fiddle Distillery, Lake Zurich
• President's Award, Bonnie Conte, Avalon Salon Spa, Deer Park
Following the awards presentation the 2018 Chamber board of directors was inducted by Lake County Circuit Judge, Diane Winter. The following individuals were installed as the 2018 Chamber board of directors:
President Gale Cohen-DeMarco, Sport Clips; vice-president, Ginny Opsahl, RE/MAX AT HOME - Ginny & Ben Opsahl; vice-president, Janet Robinson, Copper Fiddle Distillery; treasurer, James Hack, UBS Financial Services; past-president & advisory council chair, Claire Slattery, Mindful Mix.