New grocer in Round Lake Beach has familiar feel for some customers
Tony's Fresh Market opened its 17th Chicago area location, and first in Lake County, on Wednesday in Round Lake Beach.
These suburban hospitals rank among the state's best in new rankingsSeveral suburban hospitals, including Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, Edward Hospital in Naperville and Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, rank among the 10 best in Illinois, according to rankings released today by U.S. News & World Report.
Elk Grove promises TIF funds for new tech park hotelElk Grove Village has promised a developer more than $1 million in tax increment financing funds and additional hotel tax rebates to open the lodge on the north end of the Elk Grove Technology Park.
Family pitches self-storage facility on old motel site. Carol Stream leaders are concerned.The family that owns the old Coachlight Motel property near Carol Stream wants to tear it down to make way for three self-storage buildings, the tallest of which would be three stories high.
When a football stadium moves next door: What SoFi neighbors can tell those near Arlington ParkThe experiences of residents and business owners in Inglewood, California -- where a football stadium was built on the site of a former horse racing track surrounded by a neighborhood -- could foretell what might happen if the Chicago Bears move to Arlington Park.
Another restaurant coming to Mundelein's Hawley Lake PlazaThe owner of a liquor store on the edge of downtown Mundelein plans to open a restaurant in the same shopping center.
Two-time 'American Ninja Warrior' contestant teams with former client to open gym in PalatineA two-time "American Ninja Warrior" TV show competitor and his former client-turned-business partner have opened a Palatine gym that is all about positivity and creating "a fit family."
ZS elects Pratap Khedkar to CEOGlobal professional services firm ZS announced Wednesday that Pratap Khedkar, head of the firm's global biopharmaceuticals and health care ecosystem practices, has been elected to CEO by the firm's leaders.
Pactiv Evergreen to exit coated groundwood paper businessPactiv Evergreen announced that the company is exiting the coated groundwood paper business.
75% of Americans report saving as much as or more than they did last yearRIVERWOODS -- The COVID-19 pandemic is reshaping Americans' perceptions of their pre-pandemic financial habits, according to a new survey fromDiscover. Sixty percent of Americans say the pandemic made them realize just how little savings they have, and 71% say it made them want to consider saving more than they had previously. Most Americans (75%) report that they are saving either the same amount or more in 2021 than they did in 2020. Almost half of those who are saving (47%) are putting away less than $200 a month. Gen Z savers are saving the least, with 55% reporting savings under $200 a month, followed by 49% of Gen X and 47% of millennials.
Wynnchurch Capital Acquires TrimliteWynnchurch Capital, L.P. announced Wednesday that it has acquired Trimlite Mfg Inc.
Job reduction notifications will be next step in shutting down nuclear plantsExelon Generation is now preparing to issue job reduction notifications to employees impacted by plant shutdowns in Byron and Dresden.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Round Lake BeachNew grocer in Round Lake Beach has familiar feel for some customers
- NewsThese suburban hospitals rank among the state's best in new rankings
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove promises TIF funds for new tech park hotel
- Carol StreamFamily pitches self-storage facility on old motel site. Carol Stream leaders are concerned.
- Special ReportWhen a football stadium moves next door: What SoFi neighbors can tell those near Arlington Park
- MundeleinAnother restaurant coming to Mundelein's Hawley Lake Plaza
- PalatineTwo-time 'American Ninja Warrior' contestant teams with former client to open gym in Palatine
- BusinessZS elects Pratap Khedkar to CEO
- Lake ForestPactiv Evergreen to exit coated groundwood paper business
- Business75% of Americans report saving as much as or more than they did last year
- RosemontWynnchurch Capital Acquires Trimlite
- WarrenvilleJob reduction notifications will be next step in shutting down nuclear plants
- RosemontThe Northridge Group names Laura Inniss chief operating officer
- Vernon HillsWonderlic giving employees summer of 4-day work weeks in recognition of their efforts
- ItascaRiverside Insights' easyCBM assessment system enhanced to address spike in RTI needs
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Bob Collins, Jack Nicklaus, Richard Daley, Woodfield Mall Ice Arena and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more