'This is an all-Bloomingdale issue': Hearing on Indian Lakes draws hundreds of people
A developer looking to build houses on a shuttered golf course in Bloomingdale wants to have a community conversation about the proposal. Judging from the large crowd that attended the opening of a public hearing on Tuesday night, that discussion is going to take a while.
New warehouse planned along Devon Avenue corridor in Elk GroveA 146,000-square-foot light industrial warehouse is planned on a portion of an existing strip mall property in Elk Grove Village -- a further sign of continued development along the Devon Avenue corridor.
Mariano's gas station plan stalled in Lake Zurich pending further testsThe question of whether adding a gas station to the Mariano's grocery store on Route 22 in Lake Zurich would endanger the local water supply led the village board to delay a vote and ask for more expert advice.
'Rundown' Prospect Heights hotel to reopen as Holiday InnProspect Heights Mayor Nick Helmer is upbeat about a Milwaukee Avenue hotel under extensive renovation before reopening with a new brand name.
Plan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one to go before village boardA plan to knock down the McDonald's on the southwest corner of Rand and Ela roads and replace it with a new McDonald's will be before the Lake Zurich village board next week.
Abbott CEO: We have cash for acquisitions, but see nothing attractiveAbbott Laboratories is back in the driver's seat when it comes to acquisitions, Chief Executive Officer Miles White said. Problem is, nothing looks good.
Applications for jobless aid fall to lowest in 50 yearsThe number of people applying for unemployment aid fell last week to its lowest level in nearly five decades, solid evidence that the job market is healthy and layoffs scarce.
Aurora resale shop grows as people declutter livesTeri Case, who opened Boutique Repeats + Gifts 12 years ago, has seen her business expand from an upscale consignment store to a one-stop shop that helps people declutter their lives through services like closet purging, moving, senior transition and estate sale management.
Tales of retail demise are exaggerated, and that's good for Vernon Hills, consultant saysThe predicted demise of brick and mortar stores has been exaggerated, and that bodes well for the continued strength of retail sales in Vernon Hills, according to a study commissioned for the village.
Mount Prospect adding commuter parking near Maple Street LoftsDays after the village board approved the $110 million Maple Street Lofts development downtown, Mount Prospect is moving forward to address the lack of parking in the project area.
LaSalle Solutions renews Cisco specializationsLaSalle Solutions announced today that it has once again achieved Master Security & Collaboration Specializations from Cisco. LaSalle is one of an elite group of companies worldwide with these Master Specializations, Gold Certification and is recognized as a Cisco Lifecycle Advisor.
Everything you need to know about Blackhawk BankBlackhawk Bank operates eight full-service banking centers and a dedicated commercial office, which are located in south central Wisconsin and north central Illinois from Elgin, Illinois, to Janesville, Wisconsin.
The stories of the Home Equity Conversion MortgageThere are too many myths and sensational stories and a lot of misunderstandings about what a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage. is, how it works and what it can do to improve most anybody's retirement. Here are some success stories.
Your groceries … delivered your way by Jewel-OscoJewel-Osco offers shoppers an easy way to get their groceries through online shopping for delivery to your home or pickup at the store.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Bloomingdale'This is an all-Bloomingdale issue': Hearing on Indian Lakes draws hundreds of people
- Elk Grove VillageNew warehouse planned along Devon Avenue corridor in Elk Grove
- Lake ZurichMariano's gas station plan stalled in Lake Zurich pending further tests
- Prospect Heights'Rundown' Prospect Heights hotel to reopen as Holiday Inn
- Buffalo GroveCongregation proposes synagogue, recovery home at former Forge Club in Vernon Hills
- Lake ZurichPlan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one to go before village board
- BusinessAbbott CEO: We have cash for acquisitions, but see nothing attractive
- Vernon HillsTales of retail demise are exaggerated, and that's good for Vernon Hills, consultant says
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect adding commuter parking near Maple Street Lofts
- RosemontLaSalle Solutions renews Cisco specializations
- BusinessCode school marks first anniversary with event
- Oak BrookCarvana opens 'car vending machine' in Oak Brook
- NapervilleNaperville chamber recognizes 4 young professionals
- Des Plaines$10 million redevelopment of Des Plaines property clears hurdle
- PalatinePalatine allows beer sales at Harley dealership festivals