Prospect Heights Park District sets referendum information sessions
The Prospect Heights Park District is holding a series of information sessions for residents on the upcoming $30 million referendum to replace Gary Morava Recreation Center and Lions Pool.
The funding sought would also pay to reconfigure the tennis courts to include pickleball and basketball courts.
Park district leadership and staff will provide an overview of the proposed projects, resident benefits, planned timelines and tax implications.
The information sessions are set for:
• 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 6, at Jaycee Park.
• 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 8, at Tully Park.
• 3 p.m. Monday, Oct. 10, at Lions Park.
• 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 11, at the Prospect Heights Library.
• 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 12, at Claire Lane.
• 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 15, at Wedgewood Park.
• 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 15, at Country Garden.
• 11 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 16, at Kiwanis Park.
• 10 a.m. Monday, Oct. 17, at Gary Morava Rec Center.
• 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, at Gary Morava Rec Center.
• Noon Saturday, Oct. 22, at Lions Park,
• 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, at Lions Park.
• Noon Monday, Oct. 24, at Prospect Heights Library,
There are also two virtual information sessions scheduled for at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 4, and at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19. Links to attend the sessions can be found on the website at phparks.org/future-planning.
Conceptual designs for the proposed projects, benefits, FAQs and other information is also available on the website. Residents are encouraged to provide feedback throughout the process.