Liberty High School announces first Athletic Hall of Fame class
Libertyville High School has announced the first class of inductees to its Athletic Hall of Fame.
The inductees were introduced and celebrated during homecoming activities the weekend of Oct. 1. The LHS Athletic Hall of Fame was organized to recognize and honor those Wildcat athletes, teams and coaches who excelled in their respective sports or coaching roles, and who helped bring honor, recognition, distinction and excellence to LHS.
Members of the inaugural class are:
• Jim McMillen, Class of 1920
• Dan Holm, Class of 1971
• Brett Butler, Class of 1975
• Pam Miller, Class of 1976
• Allison Marquart, Class of 1991
• Becky Coleman, Class of 1993
• Kelly Karl, Class of 1994
• Eric vanGoethem, Class of 1997
• Kevin Walter, Class of 1999
• Coach Max Sanders, Class of 1959
• Coach Jim Panther
• Coach Chris Trzyna
• Coach Randy Kuceyeski
• Coach Andy Bitta
• The 1991 Girls Soccer Team
LHS athletics date back to 1917 and include five IHSA State Championship teams, more than 30 state trophies, and hundreds of conference, district, regional, sectional, and supersectional team crowns.
Additionally, LHS athletes have earned more than 400 IHSA state medals, including 48 individual state champions. The LHS Athletic Hall of Fame will honor the school's past, celebrate the present, and inspire future generations to carry the legacy of those who have walked the halls of LHS and donned the black and orange.
• To submit Your news, go to dailyherald.com/share.