Funeral procession Saturday for Police Chief Russ Laine
The village of Algonquin is advising residents to expect traffic delays on Saturday, Sept. 18, during the procession of the Celebration of Life for retired Algonquin Police Chief Russ Laine. Those traveling through the area are encouraged to seek alternate routes.
The public is invited to view a procession from Light of Christ Church to the Algonquin Police Department starting at approximately 2 p.m. along the following route:
• Sleepy Hollow Road: From Longmeadow Parkway to County Line Road.
• County Line Road: From Sleepy Hollow Road to Hanson Road.
• Hanson Road: From County Line Road to Huntington Drive North.
• Huntington Drive North: From Hanson Road to Stonegate Road.
• Stonegate Road: From Huntington Drive North to the Algonquin Police Department.
Individuals that would like to view the procession are encouraged to view from the bike path anywhere along the route. Additionally, for those interested, a public viewing of the services is available remotely starting at 1 p.m. at www.facebook.com/LOCAlgonquin.