More than 30 venues featured on Aurora's First Friday Aug. 6
First Fridays in downtown Aurora will feature more than 30 venues open with art, music, and more on Aug. 6.
Yetee Station will open their new arcade space at 11 N. Broadway in the former Arenkill's Loan Bank storefront. Owner Mike Mancuso recently renovated the spot while the temporary arcade location at 102 E. Galena Blvd. had been closed for a year due to the pandemic. That location will be open with an art sale on First Fridays.
Artists are welcome to take art off the walls at Gallery 1904, 1 E. Benton St. The gallery will be open from 5 to 9 p.m. with the George Turner Donation Exhibition and Tribute.
Fox Valley artist George Pope Turner, also brother-in-law to Marilyn Weisner, died at age 70 in 2014. To honor Turner, his family welcomes attendees that like a piece to take it home to enjoy. Frames and art supplies also will be donated.
Food trucks will return to Water Street Square across from city hall from 5 to 9 p.m.
Joining the lineup will be Grumpy Gaucho, Home Run Hot Dogs and Lemonade, Holy Pierogi, and Culinary Gangster. Food vendors are subject to change. Please check Aurora Downtown's Facebook page for updates.
A variety of venues will offer sidewalk activities and sales along with the following mix of activities:
• Aurora Public Art at David L. Pierce Art and History Center, 20 E. Downer Place: "Accelerating Inspiration: Art from Fermilab" showcasing the work of photographer Georgia Schwender, textile artist Lindsay Olson, and sculptor Jim Jenkins from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Superjumbo, 102 E. Galena Blvd.: Flat File Art Sale; opening of Superjumbo; gallery of Mike's collected screen prints from 5 to 10 p.m.
• McCarty Mills Taproom, 140 S. River St. Unit 108: DJ Pryme, Corinne's Kitchen + Featured Artist Stephanie Wheatley from 5 p.m. until close
• If These Walls Could Talk Custom Framing & Gallery, 32 S. Stolp Ave.: "Peace of My Mind" Mandala art by Eric Goetzinger from 7 to 10 p.m.
• Aurora Tap House, 134 W. Downer Place: Artist Mike Drost, a Chicago-based artist who uses mixed media to create abstract paintings and sculptures from 5 to 9 p.m. DJ Alfred at 9 p.m.
• Seven Setting Suns Art Gallery, 14 W. Downer Place, Suite 12: Open studio featuring photography by Vincenzo Valenziano from 2 to 10 p.m.
• The ArtBar at Two Brothers Roundhouse, 205 N. Broadway: Featuring "The Return of the Living ArtBar." ArtBar returns to in-person shows for their 10th season from 7 p.m. to midnight
• Gallery 1904, 1 E. Benton St.: George Turner Donation Exhibition and Tribute from 5 to 9 p.m.
• Gary Brown Art Gallery, 7 S. Broadway: "In Light of Shadow," mixed media art creations by Cherylyn Gnadt from 5 to 9 p.m. with music by Peter Cholewinski.
• Altiro Latin Fusion, 1 E. Stolp Ave.: Live Spanish rock music with Damián Rivera from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Endiro Coffee, 29 W. New York St.: Live music featuring Daniel and the Sparrows from 7 to 9 p.m.
• Aurora Uke Fest at Millennium Plaza, 21 S. Stolp Ave.: Catch a preview of the Aurora Uke Fest on Aug. 22 at the gazebo, SciTech, and Tredwell Coffee from 6 to 8 p.m.
• La Quinta de los Reyes, 36 E. New York St.: Elvis Show by Michael St. Angelo from 7 to 9 p.m.; house margaritas on the rocks, $8.
• Gremlen Recording Studios, 130 W. Downer Place: Open mic featuring Angels of Duality. Studio tours throughout the night from 6:30 to 11 p.m.
• Tavern on Broadway, 24 N. Broadway: Live music by Ryan Worthy Duo + free koozies to first 50 guests from 8 to 11 p.m.
• G.A.R. Memorial Museum, 23 E. Downer Place: "Service and Sacrifice: 100 Years of Aurora Excellence" from 5 to 9 p.m.
• Aurora Historical Society at David L. Pierce Art and History Center, 20 E. Downer Place: "Our Favorite Things," a new exhibit of old and new artifacts from the collection from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Yetee Station, 11 N. Broadway: Arcade opening from 5 to 11 p.m.
• Aurora Regional Fire Museum, 53 N. Broadway: The museum store sale features everything in the store 10% off from 5 to 8 p.m.
• Paramount School of the Arts, 20 S. Stolp Ave.: Back to School with PSA: Decorate your own VSCO stickers for all of your school supplies. Donate school supplies for local Back-to-School events from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Hope Chest Aurora, 34 N. Lincoln Ave.: Live music by Kurt Sommerville and a storewide sale from 6 to 9 p.m.
• The Perch, 31 W. Downer Place, Suite 301: "Calming Strategies for Kids" from 5 to 8 p.m.
• SciTech Hands On Museum, 18 W. Benton St.: Giveaways and reopening previews from 5 to 8 p.m.
• Legacy Nutrition & Fitness, 77 S. River St. Apt. A: Outdoor group fitness classes ($5) for the whole family and live DJ from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
• Wyckwood House, 14 W. Downer Place, Suite 16: Live music by Matthew Ripsch. Shop summer styles at a sidewalk sale. Pop up with NJ Jewels' charm bar from 5 to 9 p.m.
• Society 57, 100 S. River St.: Cocktails from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Sheena & Sheena Baker Group, 105 E. Galena Blvd., Suite 807: Learn how to buy a home from 5 to 9 p.m.
• Business Unity Expo, Water Street Mall: Vendor tables, Kids Corner, Talent Exposure from 5 to 10 p.m.
• Waubonsee Community College Faculty Council, 18 S. River St.: Welcome back students and voter registration from 5 to 9 p.m.
• All Spoked Up, 14 W. Downer Place, Suite 10: DZHELASI pop-up! Stickers, pins, creepy cute merch from 6 to 9 p.m.
• The Cotton Seed Creative Exchange, 8 N. Broadway: Sidewalk sale featuring plant sale by Nide Jardin, Roy & Jason's Popcorn Bar, Tendaji Body Oils Skincare from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
• Simply Destinee Youth Center, 122 W. Downer Place, Suite 124: Back-to-School Pop Up from 5 to 8 p.m.
For more information on First Fridays events, visit auroradowntown.org.