Naperville Park District hosting virtual open house for 2022 capital projects
As part of its annual budget process, the Naperville Park District invites the public to comment on capital improvements proposed for 2022.
This year, project information and park maps are available online at www.napervilleparks.org/planninganddevelopment under 2022 Capital Projects.
Residents are encouraged to view the projects and submit comments and questions via email to the project manager associated with each project. The comment period continues until noon on Wednesday, Aug. 11.
Please note that detailed designs for most of the 2022 projects have not yet been developed; this is an opportunity for the community to provide input prior to the design phase.
The list of proposed capital projects for 2022 is as follows:
• A. George Pradel Park, 4519 Pradel Drive -- Playground renovation
• Bailey Hobson Woods Park, 1184 Hobson Mill Drive -- Pond dredging and shoreline restoration
• Brighton Ridge Park, 775 Torrington Drive -- Park meadow installation
• Centennial Park, 500 W. Jackson Avenue -- Skate facility renovation
• Central Park, 104 E. Benton Avenue -- Playground renovation
• Clow Creek Greenway, 4588 Pradel Drive -- Shoreline restoration
• Eagle Park, 724 Bakewell Lane -- Playground renovation
• Gartner Park, 524 W. Gartner Road -- Parking lot renovation, ballfield and site drainage improvements
• Heatherstone Park, 3536 Fairmont Avenue -- Basketball court renovation
• Heritage Place Park, 147 N. Columbia Street -- Playground development
• Kendall Park, 84 W. 5th Avenue -- Playground renovation
• Naper Commons Park (address not yet known) -- Playground development
• Tall Grass Lakes, 3320 Rollingridge Road -- Playground renovation
• Wil-O-Way Park, 1408 W. Jefferson Avenue -- Basketball court renovation