Aurora's First Fridays returns Aug. 7
First Fridays is back on Aug. 7. After taking things virtual for three months, the night of art, music, and more returns under the state's Phase 4 guidelines.
"We've been reimagining many of our events in downtown Aurora, and we are now seeing what events we can start bringing back in a socially responsible way. First Fridays has multiple venues as well as both indoor and outdoor activities which allows for appropriate social distancing," said Marissa Amoni, manager of Aurora Downtown, the nonprofit group that promotes the event.
Amoni said an example of outdoor activities offered will be live music, dancing, and a scavenger hunt. All indoor activities will require masks and attendance will be limited as per current guidelines.
• Simply Destinee will perform "Dis-dancing," a dance tutorial for all ages at the Aurora Public Library parking lot at Benton and Lake streets from 5 to 8 p.m.
• AKA Dance, 80 S. River St. Suite 100, will offer a summer class pass. Pick up a coupon for one free trial class at their brand new studio. Limit one from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Sergio Furniture, 36 W. Downer Place, will be open with Catrinas of Aurora. Handmade art from Mexico will be on sale from 5 to 9 p.m.
• Gallery 1904, 1 E. Benton St., will present "Beyond the Walls," an exhibition of graffiti and street art featuring artists John Cornelissen, Pierre Lucero, Jose Art, Stlthart, Fiskcreations, Fundthemental, Gary Bahnick, Devin, Donna Arnold, Shreddinkk, Josue Paiz, Carlos Deltizzle, Sam Cervantes, and Jose Torres from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Warehouse 55, 55 S. Lake St., will be open to continue its second floor grand opening. Come see the 20 vendors added to the store from 5 to 8 p.m.
• Ballydoyle, 28 W. New York St., will have live music on the deck from 7 to 10 p.m.
• All Spoked Up, 14 W. Downer Place, Suite 12, will host All Out Records for a vinyl pop up from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Aurora Regional Fire Museum, 53 N. Broadway, will be open on the first floor. Enjoy a free take-home craft and a gift shop sale from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Gary Brown Art, 7 S. Broadway, will host "Abstract Sculptures" featuring Kip Pasta from 6 to 10 p.m.
• SciTech Hands On Museum, 18 W. Benton St., will present "SciTech on the Island," free scavenger hunt activity kits to explore downtown. The museum is currently closed from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Zen Loft Wellness Center, 6 W. Downer Place, will be open with Camelia Danza Belly Dance starting at 7:30 p.m.
• The Venue, 21 S. Broadway, will host "Salute to Roy Orbison" Tribute with Rick Lindy and the Wild Ones broadcast to Mundy Park at 8 p.m. This is a ticketed event. Tickets can be purchased at themusicvenue.org.
• Gillerson's Grubbery, 33 W. New York St., will have water balloons and craft beers outside on Pinney Street from 6 to 10 p.m.
• Endiro Coffee, 29 W. New York St., will present live music with Echo and Ranson along with menu specials from 6 to 9 p.m.
• The Cotton Seed Creative Exchange, 8 N. Broadway, will celebrate its grand reopening with gift bags and coffee sampling from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Aurora Tap House, 134 W. Downer Place, will host "Quarantine Creations," an art show featuring bartender Ashley from 6 to 9 p.m.
• The Riverfront Playhouse, 11-13 Water Street Mall, will offer live music outside on the mall featuring The Heels and Eric Peter Schwartz from 5:30 to 10 p.m.
• Wyckwood House, 14 W. Downer Place, Suite 16, will host "Wild Flour - A Vegan Bakery" pop-up at the shop from 5 to 9 p.m.
All venues will be adhering to Phase 4 guidelines, and masks will be required at indoor venues. The trolley will not be running. Maps will be available online at auroradowntown.org.