House fire near Glen Ellyn displaces resident

Daily Herald report
Updated 7/10/2020 8:56 AM

No injuries were reported from a house fire near Glen Ellyn Thursday that displaced the homeowner.

Lisle-Woodridge Fire Protection District officials received the call about a fire on the roof of a single-story, single-family home on the 22W700 block of Tamarack Drive at 5:37 p.m.


The first responding firefighters discovered smoke from the roof and the eaves of the house.

Neighbors got the lone resident out of the home, fire officials said.

The blaze was under control within 10 minutes. Firefighters stayed on scene for about an hour to make sure all the hot spots were extinguished.

County officials deemed the structure uninhabitable, officials said. The homeowner found accommodations with other family members.

Fire officials said torches used during roof repairs that day sparked the blaze.

No damage estimates were given.

Article Comments
Attention: We are experiencing technical difficulties with our Facebook Comments module at this time. Comments will remain disabled until we are able to resolve the problem. We apologize for the interruption. We invite you to engage with our content and talk with other commenters on our Daily Herald Facebook page at Thank you.