No one injured in Deer Park house fire

Updated 12/25/2019 5:38 PM

No one was injured in a Christmas morning house fire in Deer Park that authorities say was likely caused by an electrical malfunction.

Lake Zurich firefighters responded to a house on the 0-100 block of Wehrheim Road about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday after a resident called 911 and reported smoke coming from the front eaves and a wall.


The fire was discovered in the wall near the front door and quickly was extinguished.

The fire seems to have started near an exterior light and electrical outlet, authorities said.

The house received some smoke and fire damage, with the loss estimated at $10,000, officials said.

The residents were able to return home.

Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.