Geneva house fire possibly sparked by lightning strike
A lightning strike may have caused a house fire in Geneva Saturday afternoon, displacing the home's residents.
Firefighters were dispatched at 1:47 p.m. to the 700 block of Fox Run Drive after the homeowner called in a report of a possible fire. Upon arrival, crews noticed "heavy fire showing from the roof," according to the Geneva Fire Department.
No one was injured in the fire and crews had the blaze under control within 45 minutes, authorities said. Investigators cited a lightning strike to the roof of the house as the fire's preliminary cause.
According to the fire department, the attic was significantly damaged by the fire and the rest of the house suffered smoke and water damage. The home is uninhabitable, authorities said.