Germany: Family found dead at home with elevated gas levels

 
 
Updated 2/5/2018 9:29 AM
hello

BERLIN -- A family of four has been found dead in southwestern Germany, and police say their house had elevated carbon monoxide levels.

Police in Esslingen, near Stuttgart, were alerted on Monday by a relative who got no response when he rang and knocked on the door, and then saw two people lying on the floor through a window.

Fire officers found the bodies of a man and woman, both 29, their 3-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son inside.

Esslingen police say the high carbon monoxide levels in the house indicate poisoning from the gas likely killed the family. They say the deaths are being investigated as accidental.

Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.