How to help JourneyCare and its mission
JourneyCare relies heavily on volunteers and fundraisers to supplement the quality of the programs it offers. Here's how you can get involved:
• Care Companion & Music Vigil Volunteer
• Aiding Certified Nursing Assistants
• Community Outreach
• Flower Re-purposing
• Fundraising Events
• Gardening and Landscaping
• Grief Support
• Hospice CareCenter Patient Care
• Hospitality Volunteer
• Integrative Therapies
• Pet Therapy
• Veterans Programs
• "We Care" Calls (to patients and families)
• JourneyCare Juniors (fourth through eighth grades)
• Teen Leadership Team (high school students)
• Tree of Lights Celebration of Remembrance, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 4, honoring memories of loved ones who are no longer with us with live music, readings, a candlelighting and tree-lighting at Park Place, 406 W. Woodstock Road, Crystal Lake, and Marcello's, 645 W. North Ave., Chicago. RSVP to www.journeycare.org/tree-of-lights or (224) 770-2525. Free and open to the public.
• Decades Dance, 6 to 11 p.m. Saturday, March 11, benefits JourneyCare's All About Kids pediatric care program and features music by Libido Funk Circus, dinner, drinks and more, at Arlington International Racecourse, 2200 W. Euclid Ave., Arlington Heights. (224) 770-2414.
• Gala, 5:30 to 11:30 p.m., Saturday, June 24, at a private home in Barrington Hills.(224) 770-2414.
• Duck Race and Pool Party, Saturday, Aug. 12, benefits JourneyCare's All About Kids program, which provides specialized, compassionate care and support for children with chronic and life-limiting illnesses, Langendorf Park, Barrington. (224) 770-2416.
• Memorial Golf Tournament, Monday, Aug. 21, Glen View Club, 100 Golf Road, Golf, single: $1,000, cocktails and dinner only: $125. (312) 492-3069.