Fire alarm credited with saving lives in Naperville fire

 
 
Updated 9/21/2016 8:42 AM

An automatic alarm system is being credited by firefighters for saving lives during a fire in Naperville early Wednesday morning.

Firefighters from the Naperville Fire Department were called to the 800 block of Beaumont Drive by an automatic fire alarm that triggered after a fire started inside a residential building at 12:44 a.m., authorities said in a news release.

 

The first firefighters arriving on scene reported heavy smoke showing from the first floor of the complex, authorities said.

Firefighters searched and evacuated the building.

The fire was under control and extinguished within 15 minutes, authorities said. No residents or firefighters were injured in the blaze.

A brief investigation determined the fire came from a first-floor laundry room clothes dryer. The unit where the fire originated was deemed uninhabitable, authorities said, and the Naperville Fire Department assisted in relocating the residents.

All other occupants of the complex were allowed to return to their homes.

Authorities credited the presence and proper operation of the automatic fire alarm system for the safe evacuation of the building and early notification to the fire department, authorities said.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments
Attention: We are experiencing technical difficulties with our Facebook Comments module at this time. Comments will remain disabled until we are able to resolve the problem. We apologize for the interruption. We invite you to engage with our content and talk with other commenters on our Daily Herald Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DailyHeraldFans/. Thank you.