Hoffman Estates dryer fire causes $15,000 in damages

 
Daily Herald report
Updated 8/22/2016 10:29 AM

A fire that started in a clothes dryer in a single-family home on the 1000 block of John Drive of Hoffman Estates caused an estimated $15,000 in damages Saturday night, fire officials said.

Hoffman Estates firefighters arrived on the scene at 10:02 p.m. to find smoke coming from an open overhead garage door, officials said. Residents of the home had evacuated before emergency crews arrived.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 

Firefighters extinguished the fire at 10:13 p.m. after responding with 26 firefighters.

Officials determined lint build up in the clothes dryer venting hose and piping started the fire.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.