Artists paint chairs for charity auction
The chairs have arrived in downtown Naperville. The 20 chairs, stools and benches redesigned by local artisans for Bridge Communities' A Chair Affair fundraiser will be displayed in storefronts through Thursday, June 9.
Area residents are encourage to visit local retailers to view these pieces of transformed art and vote for their favorite at bridgecommunities.org.
See the chairsThe 20 chairs, stools and benches decorated by local artists to benefit Bridge Communities may be seen at the following locations in downtown Naperville:
1. Book It!: Andrea Lindsley & The Restyle Design & Build Team, Nichols Library, 200 W. Jefferson Ave.
2. Garden View: Angela Morgan, Pinot's Palette, 175 Jackson Ave.
3. Forget-Me-Knot: Anne Gardner, Country Curtains, 233 S Main St.
4. Naperville Is Home: Carol Graves, Naperville Bank and Trust, 5 S. Washington St.
5. For the Love of a Daisy: Dawn Saviano-Kahn, C'zar, 237 W Jefferson Ave.
6. We Can Make This World a Home: Debbie Graham, Naperville Bank and Trust, 5 S. Washington St.
7. Be Inspired: Donna Davis, War Chest, 4 E Jefferson Ave.
8. Parts of the Whole: People's Resource Center art program, Russell's Cleaners, 41 W. Jefferson Ave.
9. Butterfly Rhythms: Jan Dusek, Naperville Bank and Trust, 5 S. Washington St.
10. I See Skies of Blue & Butterflies too!: Jan Dusek, Friedrich Jones Funeral Home, 44 S. Mill St.
11. Bench 710: Kim Yench, Liam Brex, 222 S. Main St.
12. Black Tie Optional: Laura Marcheschi, Dark Horse Pastries, 28 W. Chicago Ave.
13. Yarn Bombed: Lucy Dallman, Pottery Bayou, 210 S. Washington St.
14. My Musical Chair: Mariam Paré, It's a Bling Thing, 14 Jackson Ave.
15. Hawks Win!!: Mary Ellen Butz, Twisted Olive, 232 S. Washington St.
16. Belted: Paul Ward, Michael Graham Salon, 50 S. Main St.
17. Nature in Community: Sarah Lensink & Emily Villiard, Baubles, 26 W. Jefferson Ave.
18. Just Sitting A "Round": Suzie Steinmetz, Dean's Clothing, 226 S. Main St.
19. Cultivating Hope: Tammy Miller, Liam Brex, 222 S. Main St.
20. UP-UP-UP With a Fish: Tabitha Sabatino, Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave.
Eight panel- and voter-selected art pieces then will be featured in a live charity auction from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday, June 9, at North Central College's Wentz Concert Hall, 171 E. Chicago Ave., Naperville. The gala features cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and desserts, as well as opportunities to bid on the chair artwork during silent and live auctions.
All proceeds raised during A Chair Affair benefit homeless families in DuPage County assisted by Bridge Communities.
The artists who created the 20 transformed chairs hail from the DuPage County area and bring a range of art experience with various media including paint, textiles, sewing, woodwork, stamping and embellishments.
"The artists take those pieces of furniture and restore it to this beautiful piece of art, the same way that we seek to restore hope for the families that are served at Bridge Communities as they are becoming self-sufficient and breaking free from the cycle of poverty and homelessness," said Chad Pedigo, Bridge Communities' special event manager.
Tickets for the gala are $50 and may be purchased online at bridgecommunities.org or by calling Pedigo at (630) 545-0610, ext. 19.
A nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, Bridge Communities provides housing, mentoring and supportive services to homeless families in DuPage County. In the past 28 years, Bridge Communities has helped more than 700 families cross the bridge from homelessness to hope and self-sufficiency.