Officials: Algonquin house fire started from fireplace

 
 
Updated 1/4/2016 10:32 AM

Fire officials say a fire found in the walls of an Algonquin home early Sunday started from the fireplace.

Nobody was injured in the fire, which occurred at 12:02 a.m. at a two-story single-family home in the 400 block of South River Road, according to a news release from the Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Protection District.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 

Smoke was showing from the roof and the front of the house when fire crews arrived, authorities said. Soon after, they found the fire in the walls adjacent to the fireplace.

Residents were home at the time but escaped safely, officials said.

The fire was out by 12:28 a.m., and officials said crews remained until 2 a.m. to ventilate the home and to investigate.

A damage estimate was not available Monday.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.