10 stories you might have missed this weekend
1. The Suburban Rundown, Kerry Lester's look at what's happening in the suburbs and at the people who make it happen, debuted Sunday with items on Jarrett Payton, Dick Duchossois and others.
2. Stacey Schnaitman, whose husband sits in Kane County jail awaiting a trial on charges of domestic abuse, didn't have the money to divorce him, so the Geneva woman turned to an offbeat course -- crowdfunding.
3. A Lindenhurst man and his 15-year-old daughter were killed Saturday in a two-vehicle collision in the intersection of Route 45 and Grand Avenue. Three others were injured, authorities say.
4. A Wheaton College graduate has spent most of his career with nonprofit charities trying to help poor people in faraway lands. His new venture in the Philippines grew from experience and a bit of fate.
5. A West Chicago woman was sentenced to 60 days in jail after pleading guilty to charges alleging she stole a combined $15,000 from a pair of parent-teacher organizations that she served as treasurer.
6. If the Chicago Blackhawks keep winning NHL championships, fans in Elk Grove Village will keep getting to see Lord Stanley's Cup, team President and CEO John McDonough pledged Saturday during a celebratory rally in his hometown.
7. Naperville's Pat Pradel has died, leaving the city to mourn the wife and biggest behind-the-scenes supporter of longtime Mayor George Pradel.
8. Negotiators for the Prospect Heights Elementary District 23 school board and the teachers union agreed Friday night to continue meeting with a federal mediator despite a strike vote taken by the union last week.
9. A father and son in Maine Township were apparently killed by carbon monoxide poisoning, Cook County sheriff's police said. The father's wife remains in critical condition. The family operated a dry cleaning business in Wood Dale.