Wauconda High School has an FBLA National Champion
Submitted by Wendy Mills, Wauconda High School
Wauconda High School students earned national honors when they competed in the Future Business Leaders of America National Leadership Conference held in Chicago June 29-July 2.
The W.H.S. students went up against over 11,000 students from around the world and the U.S. were in attendance. Wauconda had 40 students compete in 23 different individual and team events, making District 118 proud.
Here are their results:
• First Place -- Business Plan Team: Catie Petralia, Dom Mues and Mikayla Ciesil
• Second Place -- Community Service Project Team: Chris Nachman and Dom Mues
• Third Place -- Social Media Campaign Team: Jeff Moorhead, Justin Klein and Julie Dietrich
• Third Place -- Website Design Team: Patrick Adams, Matt Bulgarelli and Meagan Kehr
• Third Place -- American Enterprise Project Team: Davis Heck, Lexi Meyer and Emily Holmes
• Fifth Place -- 3-D Animation Team: Shiv Patel and Drake Tylka
• Ninth Place -- Intro to Business Communication: Tommy O'Brien
Wauconda High School had 16 out of the 38 students that competed at nationals make it on stage. That means 42 percent of W.H.S. students received a top 10 national award. The students in team events had to defeat over 80 teams in their event to advance to the final round. Then to get to the national stage, they had to beat out another five teams. The individual event, Intro to Business Communication, Tommy O'Brien went against more than 135 students to get on the national stage. The national champs had go against 92 teams to be first place winners.
Wauconda High School's FBLA chapter was recognized at nationals for the following:
• Second Place North Central Region (eight states) -- Largest Local Chapter
• Second Place North Central Region -- Largest Local Chapter Professional Division
• Eighth Place for Largest Local Chapter in the Nation (out of 16,000 Chapters) with 344 members
• To submit Your news with one photo, go to dailyherald.com/share. To submit Your news with multiple photos, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.