Priests, employees and volunteers subject to archdiocese compliance standards
Clergy, full- and part-time employees, and volunteers who work with children within the Archdiocese of Chicago are subject to these compliance standards, overseen by the archdiocese's Safe Environment Office, a division of the Office for the Protection of Children and Youth:
• The church requires personnel to complete eApps online criminal background check. (More than 113,200 employees and volunteers have had background checks.)
• The church requires personnel to submit Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System, or CANTS, Form to Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
• Church personnel attend mandated reporter training.
• Church personnel attend Virtus/Protecting God's Children training. (3,700 such sessions have been conducted since 2003, attended by 175,000 employees and volunteers.)
• Church personnel sign a code of conduct.
Source: Archdiocese of Chicago