Buffalo Grove's Heart of the Community awards Saturday
The Buffalo Grove Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce and co-sponsor Buffalo Grove Bank & Trust are pleased to announce the recipients for the 2014 Heart of the Community awards.
These awards honor individuals and businesses for their dedication and service to the Buffalo Grove and Lincolnshire communities.
Help them honor the nominees and recipients by attending the Heart of the Community Awards Gala on Saturday, Nov. 8 at the Arboretum Club, 401 W. Half Day Road in Buffalo Grove. The social time begins at 6:30 p.m. with dinner and the awards program at 7 p.m. Tickets are $35. Call (847) 541-7799.
The recipients are:
• Above & Beyond Award, Al Viehman
• Above & Beyond Youth Award, Alex Sheck
• Buffalo Grove Business Philanthropy Award, Peter Panayiotou of the Continental Restaurant
• Lincolnshire Business Philanthropy Award, Chunowitz, Teitelbaum & Mandel, Ltd.
• Buffalo Grove Community Volunteer Award, Rick Rosen
• Lincolnshire Community Volunteer Award, Amy Morrissey and Lynn Driscoll
• Teach & Inspire Award, Gregory Sherwin of Adlai E. Stevenson High School
• Together We Can Award, the Buffalo Grove Farmers Market
Also, special recognition will be shown to the nominees: Buffalo Grove Commission for Residents with Disabilities; Kelly Dupont; Paulette Greenberg; Cathy Novak; Elzan Ohlwein; Dr. William Pollack; Sandra Simon; Andrew Stein and Richard Westgard.
For additional information on the award recipients, visit www.buffalogrovechamber.org.