Submitted by VNA Health Care
VNA Health Care is offering its annual flu shot clinic program.
For 2013, VNA is conducting public flu shot clinics throughout the Fox Valley area. VNA's complete flu shot schedule is posted on the website www.vnafoxvalley.org.
Flu shots are $25 and pneumonia shots are $75. There will be a cash discount at the time of service. For the pneumonia shots, there is a limited supply. It may not be available at all locations.
The TDAP (diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis) shot for ages 11-64 is $45; cash only.
VNA accepts cash, checks, payable to VNA Health Care, or Medicare Part B for flu and pneumonia shots. No Medicare HMOs or PPOs will be accepted.
The upcoming flu shot clinics will be:
• Senior Services Associates, 101 S. Grove, Elgin: 10-11 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16.
• St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 101 S. Sixth Ave., St. Charles: 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16.
• Aurora University, 347 S. Gladstone, Aurora: 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16.
• First Lutheran Church, 324 N. Third St., DeKalb: 10 a.m. to noon Sunday, Oct. 20.
• Cornerstone United Methodist Church, 41W170 Russell Road, Elgin: 4-6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 30.
Those who are homebound and in need of a flu vaccine are encouraged to contact VNA's Customer Care Department at (630) 482-8138 for details on VNA's at-home immunization service.
VNA Health Care has offered flu shot clinics for more than 20 years and has long been considered one of the professionals in providing child and adult immunizations.
All VNA flu shot clinics are staffed by registered nurses, who are specially trained to provide shots and screen patients for any contraindications.
For details, call VNA at (630) 978-2532 or visit www.vnafoxvalley.org.