Breaking News Bar
updated: 3/1/2013 8:01 PM

No injuries in Carpentersville fire

Success - Article sent! close

A fire that broke out Friday afternoon in a single-family home in Carpentersville was contained to a second-floor bedroom, authorities said.

The fire started about 2:20 p.m. at 1503 Plymouth Circle and was out about 10 minutes after fire fighting crews arrived, according to Battalion Chief Kieran Stout of the Carpentersville Fire Department.

Two people were home at the time, but they were able to escape safely, Stout said, and no injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire appears to be electrical, he added.

Smoke damage was present throughout the house, forcing residents to stay elsewhere Friday night, he said.

Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.