Bartlett Fire District and Auto Truck Group announced that they will again be teaming up to participate in the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program. Both the Bartlett Fire District and Auto Truck Group are proud to be associated with the Marine Corps Toys for Tots as official drop off and collections points. Auto Truck is helping the program get started by donating 1,000 toy trucks to the Toys for Tots program.
"Any event that helps the community we have a definite interest in and Toys for Tots makes a big impact on the local community; we are proud to be associated with Auto Truck Group and the Toys for Tots Program sponsored by the Marine Corp," said Battalion Chief Ralph DeFreece.
Over the past 10 years, Marines have distributed an average of 15 million toys annually, and brought the joy of Christmas to an average of 6 million needy children each year. While the Marines coordinate and manage the program, the success depends on the support of the local community, local business leaders and the generosity of the people that donate.
If you would like to bring hope to a needy child, it's easy. Simply donate any new, unwrapped toy -- large or small -- and bring it to one the following locations through Dec. 4:
• Auto Truck Group: 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, at 1420 Brewster Creek Blvd., Bartlett.
• Bartlett Fire Station #1: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. seven days per week, 234 N. Oak Ave., Bartlett.
• Bartlett Fire Station #2: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. seven days per week, 501 Struckman Blvd., Bartlett.
• Bartlett Fire State #3: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. seven days per week, 1575 W. Bartlett Road, Bartlett.
Support Toys for Tots in your community. Help make a difference for an underprivileged child this holiday season.
• Send Your news to email@example.com.