• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• William G. Bowden, 29, of the 5200 block of Lear Street, Wonder Lake, was arrested Nov. 11 at Main and Cook streets and charged with battery. His court date is Dec. 27.
• Thieves took a wallet after the owner lost it at 201 Spring St. Nov. 4 and used a credit card in the wallet to make three purchases.
• Burglars stole medication and cash out of an unlocked vehicle on the 500 block of Shorely Drive Nov. 9.
• Vandals broke the rear window on a minivan in a lot at 101 W. Main St. Nov. 9
Elk Grove Village
• Burglars pried open the back patio door and screen door lock at an apartment on the 900 block of Jefferson Square between Nov. 5 and 13, ransacked rooms and stole a 42-inch TV; video-game system and games; 10 DVDs; a safe containing jewelry, personal papers, money and baseball cards; two guitars, cables and microphones; and a bag with a laptop computer. Value was estimated at $27,030.
• Thieves stole a 2006 Wabash trailer out of a lot at 2416 Estes Ave. between 8 p.m. Nov. 9 and 9:30 a.m. Nov. 10. Value was estimated at $15,000.
• Brandon L. Defoort, 18, of the 0-100 block of South Suffolk Avenue, Lake Forest, was arrested around 9 p.m. Nov. 10 at Ridge and Devon avenues and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is Dec. 12.
• Burglars kicked open the front office door at Bell Lithographers, 370 Crossen Ave., between Nov. 9 and 12 and stole a safe and tool kit. Loss was estimated at $1,775.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Ford F150 van and a 1990 International 4700 truck belonging to Schwan Electric, 383 Crossen Ave., during the same time and stole several tools and a spare tire from the Ford. Loss was estimated at $3,800.
• Thieves cut off and stole the air conditioning unit from the north side of M&M Auto Supply, 155 Kelly St., between Oct. 30 and Nov. 9. Value was estimated at $2,000.
• Burglars broke into a 2009 Honda Accord and a 2010 Hyundai Genesis on the 1900 block of East Higgins Road between 7:30 and 10:15 a.m. Nov. 9 and stole a laptop computer out of the Honda and a black leather bag out of the Hyundai. Loss was estimated at $2,300.
• Jamie L. McNeany, 34, of the 2300 block of Rolling Ridge Lane, Lindenhurst, was arrested around 12:45 p.m. Nov. 15 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took cosmetics valued at $456.
• Burglars broke into a 2011 Dodge pickup truck in a hotel lot at 1550 E. Dundee Road between 7:30 p.m. Nov. 15 and 7:30 a.m. Nov. 16 and stole a fiber optic test meter valued at $30,000.
• Burglars broke into a 2002 Ford pickup truck in an apartment lot on the 1800 block of North Green Lane between 10 p.m. Nov. 18 and 11:30 a.m. Nov 19 and stole a GPS and large bag of change. Value was estimated at $450.
• A thief stole a green wheel barrow, pick ax, and shovel out of the front yard at a home on the 200 block of West Pleasant Hill Boulevard between 11:50 a.m. and noon Nov. 16. A neighbor saw a man load the items into a silver SUV and drive away. Value was estimated at $300.
• Burglars stole a GPS and sunglasses out of a 2001 Buick LeSabre in an apartment lot on the 400 block of East Osage Lane between 7:30 p.m. Nov. 14 and 3 p.m. Nov. 15. Value was estimated at $130.