Tips for getting the best newborn photos
Choosing a newborn photographer
1. Look carefully at different photographers' online portfolios.
2. Think about what style of photography you are looking for.
3. Book your newborn photographer while you are still pregnant. If you try contacting a photographer after you have had your baby, he or she might not be able to schedule you in right away.
When newborns should be photographed
1. Sleeping newborn pictures should be taken before your baby is 2 weeks old.
2. The sooner you get your newborn photographed the better. After about 10 days the newborn will no longer curl up as easily. Usually when they are 10 to 14 days old, newborns develop baby acne.
Preparing for your newborn session
1. Feed the baby before your newborn session. This will help him or her fall into a deep sleep.
2. Put your baby in easy-to-remove clothing.
3. Expect to sweat. Photographers will crank thermostats up to 80 degrees or more so newborns won't get cold while being posed naked.
4. Don't be embarrassed if your newborn poops or pees on the photographer's blankets.
-- Chelsey Boutan