How to find your voting district
Are you in Congressional District 6 and/or Senate District 33?
What races and candidates you are voting for is more confusing than ever this year since our districts were redrawn.
To find out which ones you live in, the Illinois State Board of Elections has an interactive site in which you can simply plug the number of a district into the search window, select either the House, Senate or Congressional district that you're looking for and see a map of the selected district overlaid on a general map of the area.
You can zoom in and out at will, right down to street level, and specific towns are identified. (Note: Microsoft Silverlight program required.)
We've also attached the new Congressional and Legislative districts to this story.
County websites provide sample ballots and polling places:
• Cook County
• Kane County: kanecountyelections.org/VoterInfo/Search.aspx#b
• DuPage County: cms.dupageelections.com/pages.asp?pageid=984
• Lake County: countyclerk.lakecountyil.gov/ElectionInfo/Voter-Services/Pages/Voter-Power.aspx
• McHenry County: www.co.mchenry.il.us/DEPARTMENTS/COUNTYCLERK/Pages/Elections.aspx
• Will County: www.thewillcountyclerk.com/connect/site/