Elk Grove Township provides administrative services open to all

Elk Grove Township offers a wide range of administrative services tailored to enhance the convenience for all individuals, regardless of their residency. Among these offerings are assistance with obtaining passports, Illinois hunting and fishing licenses, notary services and temporary handicap placards.

The most in-demand service has consistently been procuring passports. Elk Grove Township serves as a Passport Acceptance Facility assisting with the submission of passport applications and offering guidance on passport related inquiries. Also, passport photos can be obtained at the township for the nominal fee of $10, making the township a comprehensive one-stop destination for individuals with passport needs.

Passport agents at the township speak English, Spanish and Polish. Any individual who does not have a valid passport can apply for a new one, while passport renewals are available for minors and adults whose passports have expired for five years or longer. Replacement passports are available only for those that have been stolen, lost or damaged. An appointment is required for all passport services and can be scheduled Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. by calling (847) 437-0300. The passport processing time by the U.S. Department of State can take up to eight weeks, but expedited service is also available for an additional charge. For general passport information, please visit

There is also a high demand for fishing licenses, given the township’s proximity to Busse Lake. Illinois fishing licenses need to be renewed on an annual basis and are currently available at the township offices. Salmon, trout and habitat stamps are also available for an additional fee. Fishing licenses are not required for individuals under the age of 16, the disabled or active-duty military.

Notary services and temporary handicap placards can also be obtained at the township. There is no charge for these services and no appointment is necessary. To qualify for a handicap placard, an individual must have signed documentation from the applicant’s physician verifying the need for a placard. The township can only issue temporary handicap placards for up to six months. To obtain a permanent placard a request must be submitted to the Illinois Secretary of State. More information can be found at

“We’re pleased that we are able to provide these services not only to our residents, but also to individuals without access to these resources who live outside of the township,” said Elk Grove Township Supervisor George Busse.” Our assistance with passports is particularly of value. Our staff is very knowledgeable and can simplify what can often be a long, frustrating process.”

For information on these and other township services, please contact the township at (847) 437-0300 or visit

Article Comments
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the "flag" link in the lower-right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.