Fire breaks out at Round Lake salon

A Tuesday morning fire at Lake Spa Salon in Round Lake remains under investigation, officials said.

Firefighters arrived at the salon, which is in a strip mall at 159 W. Belvidere Road, at 9:15 a.m. and quickly extinguished blaze, according to a news release from the Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District.

The fire started in a small room and did not activate the alarm system. It was, however, kept in check by a single sprinkler head, the news release said.

An adjacent business sustained water and smoke damage, the news release said. No injuries were reported.

Article Comments
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the "flag" link in the lower-right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.