No one injured in Long Grove fire

Long Grove fire officials said no one was injured in a late Sunday fire in the 2200 block of Stayton Lane.

Officials said a lightning strike caused a small blaze in the attic of the home at about 9:15 p.m.

Officials first firefighters on the scene drowned the roof of the home to subdue the fire, while more fire fighters hit the blaze from within the attic.

The occupants of the home had escaped the home with the dog before firefighters arriving on the scene, officials said, and no one was injured.

The fire and water caused about 25,000 in damages to the home, officials said. The family was displaced for the evening, they said, and stayed at a local hotel.

Fire officials said lightning struck a satellite dish and traveled through the electrical system of the home. Three electrical outlets were burned out and eight circuit breakers were tripped because of the ensuing electrical surge.

Assisting the Long Grove Fire Protection District were firefighters from Buffalo Grove, Palatine Rural, Prospect Heights, with police support provided by the Lake County Sheriff’s Office.