Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Algonquin
Lakeside Legacy Foundation presents ‘Paranormal’ Joe Diamond at the Dole Oct 23, 2014 12:50 PM
At 7 and 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31, Joe Diamond will fill the audience with shock and awe from his magic and paranormal skills in the Listening Room at the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park in Crystal Lake.
Violence, bullying topics for symposium at MCC Oct 23, 2014 12:45 PM
The 22nd Judicial Circuit Family Violence Coordinating Council in cooperation with McHenry County College will host “All in the Family: Violence and Bullying in the Home, School and Community,” on Wednesday, Oct. 29. The program aims to bring a multidisciplinary approach to educating participants about violence and bullying.
District 47 Bernotas teacher named ‘Teacher of the Month’ Oct 23, 2014 1:30 PM
Home State Bank and McHenry County radio station Star 105.5 honored seventh-grade language arts and social studies teacher Belinda Strebel as “Teacher of the Month” on Sept. 30 at Home State Bank. Strebel was nominated for the award by former student Elena Starcher, who is now an eighth-grader at Bernotas Middle School.
WIM Fox Valley presents comedy with actress Judi Schindler Oct 22, 2014 6:18 PM
Women in Management Fox Valley presents Judy Schindler, president of Schindler Communications Inc., who will bring the light and comedic side of the ultimate girl talk as she performs “Husbands: An Owner’s Manual” at the WIM meeting on Thursday, Nov. 13.
Listening Room welcomes singer-songwriter Steve Sebby for First Friday Open Mic Night Oct 22, 2014 6:05 PM
The Listening Room at Lakeside Legacy is proud to present “First Friday Open Mic Night.” Singer songwriter Steve Sebby will host an open mic night the first Friday of every month starting on Nov. 7. This is no ordinary open mic night — we welcome every type of art genre to our room: poetry, solo instrument, comedy, story telling, or even spoken word.
Spring Hill Mall to host Fall Family Festival, visit by Staley Da Bear Oct 22, 2014 6:43 PM
In celebration of the fall season, Spring Hill Mall will host its fifth annual Fall Family Festival featuring family-friendly activities from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25. Parents are invited to bring their children, age 2 to 12, to the mall for an afternoon of fun that includes hayrides, pumpkin decorating, make-and-take crafts, face painting, prizes and more.
Carpentersville’s Trendy Tots resale shop to close in November Oct 21, 2014 3:25 PM
After three years of buying and selling fashionable children’s clothing along the Randall Road corridor, Trendy Tots in Carpentersville is closing its doors for good. Its last day will be Nov. 22.
Zombie 5K benefits Home of the Sparrow Oct 21, 2014 11:31 AM
Home of the Sparrow has joined in the fun as Family Alliance hosts Haunted Square in Woodstock. You can join the Walking Dead at Home of the Sparrow’s Zombie 5k Run/1 Mile Walk that will be held Saturday, Oct. 25. The run starts at 8:30 a.m.; walk begins at 9 a.m. at Emricson Park in Woodstock.
Audition for “Crazy for You” Nov. 6, 9 at ECC Oct 21, 2014 6:28 PM
Elgin Community College Musical Theatre announces auditions for the spring production of the “Crazy for You: The New Gershwin Musical.” “Crazy for You” includes high-energy dance numbers and classic Gershwin songs, including “I Got Rhythm,” “Embraceable You,” and “Someone to Watch Over Me.” Set in the 1930s, this rollicking, romantic, and timeless musical centers on a well-to-do playboy who dreams of becoming a dancer. Auditions are available by appointment from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 6, and 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 9.
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois Oct 20, 2014 7:45 AM
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois
Cary Park District to hold blood drive Oct 20, 2014 11:13 AM
The Cary Park District and Heartland Blood Centers will host a “Guns and Hoses Blood Drive” to show support for the community’s police and fire departments. The blood drive will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 22, at the Community Center. All donors will receive a “Give a Pint — Get a Pint” Culvers coupon and a “Guns and Hoses” T-shirt.
MCC offers information on college financial aid Oct 20, 2014 11:11 AM
Figuring how to pay for college can be a scary thought that may leave some students hesitant to even apply for college. To ease students’ fears about getting money for college or to get their questions answered, the McHenry County College Financial Aid Department has launched free Financial Aid 101 information sessions at area high schools.
“A Night to Remember” celebrates the music of Presley, Perkins, Lewis, and Cash Nov. 1 Oct 20, 2014 5:38 PM
The Elgin Community College Arts Center will celebrate a legendary event in rock ‘n’ roll history on Saturday, Nov. 1, when it presents “A Night to Remember.” Due to the heavy demand for tickets, the Arts Center has added a matinee performance of the show.
Birds saved in Algonquin house fire Oct 18, 2014 10:22 AM
Firefighters were able to rescue the birds in an Algonquin home when responding to a fire call early Saturday morning, officials said. At approximately 1:24 a.m., the Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Protection District was dispatched for a structure fire in the 1300 block of Lexington Drive. The fire was reported by the homeowner, who escaped without injury.
ECC Arts Center to host Chris Smither and Paul Cebar Oct. 25 Oct 17, 2014 10:28 PM
The Elgin Community College Arts Center will host acclaimed American blues/folk guitarist, singer and songwriter Chris Smither and special guest artist Paul Cebar on Saturday, Oct. 25. Smither draws deeply from a range of genres and blends blues, American folk music, poetry and philosophy. He's revered for both his fingerpicking guitar techniques as well as his exemplary songwriting.
ECC Theatre presents ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’ Oct. 31-Nov. 16 Oct 17, 2014 9:21 PM
Elgin Community College Theatre’s fall production of “The Diary of Anne Frank” will be held from Friday, Oct. 31, through Sunday, Nov. 16. Performances will be held at 7:30 p.m. Fridays, Oct. 31, Nov. 7 and 14; Saturdays, Nov. 1, 8 and 15; and 3 p.m. Sundays, Nov. 9 and 16 in the ECC Arts Center’s SecondSpace Theatre.
New MS support group starting in Huntley Oct 17, 2014 1:01 AM
Family Alliance Inc. recently announced that it is hosting a new Huntley Multiple Sclerosis Foundation Support Group. The meetings will take place at 2 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of the month at the new Family Alliance Comprehensive Care Center in Huntley.
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook Oct 16, 2014 7:14 AM
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook
Family Alliance Inc. hosts its annual “Haunted Square” Oct 16, 2014 6:52 PM
Family Alliance Inc. hosts its annual “Haunted Square” from 7 to 9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, through Oct. 31. On Saturday, Oct. 25, the Zombie Pub Crawl will continue until midnight. On Friday, Oct. 31, they will offer a “Haunt-or-Treat After Dark.”
Sign up to get your flu shot in McHenry Oct 16, 2014 12:48 PM
McHenry County Department of Health joins the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in encouraging an annual flu shot for everyone, age 6 months and older, as first and most important step in protecting against this serious illness. The next clinics will be Tuesday, Oct. 21, and Wednesday, Oct. 22.
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- No more excuses
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- Terminally ill woman may postpone taking her life
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- Update your living space with a small balcony makeover
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: email@example.com United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737)
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) WAITSTAFF - Wine Bar Servers & Wait Staff Wanted Experienced Only Need Apply Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Ken Siwieck 1111 Willis Ave. Wheeling, IL 60090 We are an equal opportunity employer (id:4389440)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) SECURITY OFFICER - SECURITY OFFICER (DEERFIELD) Security Positions FT/PT Deerfield All Shifts Available Guardsmark, a prestigious national security contractor, is current- ly hiring unarmed officers for both full-time and part-time positions in Deerfield starting at $11.00 per hour. Applicants need a H.S. Diploma or GED, must be 21 years or older, must have clean criminal background and be drug free, and possess a valid driver's license. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, free life insurance, matching 401k retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday pay, tuition assistance, free uniforms, and various award programs. If interested, please fax your resume to (630) 571-1156 or email to email@example.com or come to the Guardsmark office in person to fill out an application and have an interview Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm at 800 Enterprise Drive, Suite #107, Oak Brook, IL 60523. No experience necessary. No Phone Calls Please (id:4389782)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.