Activate Your Free
Articles filed under St. Francis High School
Fitzgerald fits for St. FrancisFeb 25, 2014 12:00 AM
Securing former Marist offensive coordinator Mike Fitzgerald as new St. Francis head varsity football coach, St. Francis athletic director Dan Hardwick believes they’ve got a like-minded individual.
Glenbard South adjustment takes momentum from St. FrancisFeb 21, 2014 12:00 AM
Despite a rough start, success was just one adjustment away for Glenbard South. “Defensively, I should have switched when I saw who he was starting and I decided to stick with my defensive plan,” Raiders girls basketball coach Julie Fonda said. “We went to the press and that was the adjustment we needed to make. That fueled (the Raiders’) flame and got them going.” The press helped the Raiders go on a 25-0 run and take a 49-33 victory from St. Francis, and the Raiders earned the Class 3A St. Francis regional championship Friday in Wheaton.
St. Francis overcomes slow start, Glenbard SouthFeb 15, 2014 12:00 AM
Most high school boys basketball teams in this area face this challenge at least a couple of times a season, back-to-back games Friday and Saturday.
St. Francis builds momentumFeb 11, 2014 12:00 AM
While only one team left Tuesday’s nonconference game with a win, both sides left feeling pretty good heading into next week’s Class 3A playoffs.
Benet ready for next challenge Feb 6, 2014 12:00 AM
Anyone hoping to follow Benet’s boys basketball team better have a good GPS system. The Redwings have played in every corner of the Chicago area in search of the best competition they can find. The journey comes to a bit of an end on Saturday when they travel to Batavia’s Night of Hoops event to take on state power Stevenson (18-1) and elite junior guard Jalen Brunson. Saturday’s game marks the fifth and final shootout appearance of the season for Benet (13-6), which will enter the postseason among the state’s most battle-tested teams.
St. Francis’ Ward earns 300th victory Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
St. Francis boys basketball coach Bob Ward earned his 300th win with a 54-39 victory over Chicago Christian on Tuesday in Wheaton. “I’m fortunate to get a chance to coach again,” Ward said of his three seasons at St. Francis. “I took 11 years off there and wasn’t sure if I was ever gonna come back as a head coach and I came back to a great school and really good kids. I will tell you this, as an assistant or a head coach, this is my fifth school and I’ve been at five great schools. I mean really, really good schools.”
Hays, Versluys reach milestones in Westminster win Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
It was a night of milestones and records Tuesday for the Westminster Christian girls basketball team. And, the Warriors notched an impressive come-from-behind win to boot. Senior McKaila Hays became just the third Westminster girl in program history to reach 1,000 career points, sophomore Maddie Verluys scored a school-record 32 points and Westminster registered its 20th win of the season in defeating St. Francis 68-60 in a nonconference game in Elgin. Trailing 33-24 at halftime and then 43-24 after St. Francis senior Caroline Pins hit a 3-pointer with 6:10 left in the third quarter, Westminster (20-3) looked to be on the verge of its second straight loss.
Suburban cheer teams step it up at sectionals Feb 2, 2014 12:00 AM
Dozens of cheerleading squads from across the suburbs competed in IHSA Sectional tournaments Sunday, trying to qualify to a trip to the State Final in Bloomington. “I'm amazed at how tough and skilled these kids are now,” said on spectator.
Stage is set for Saturday's state dance championships Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Plenty of suburban high schools have made the finals of the IHSA state competitive dance championships, which will be held Saturday in Bloomington. Ninety teams qualified to go downstate, but now only 30 remain.
Images: Competitive Dance Prelims, DuPage and the Fox Valley Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
The preliminary round for DuPage County and Fox Valley schools at the IHSA Competitive Dance state championships on Friday, January 30th, in Bloomington.
Images: Competitive Dance Prelims, Northwest and Lake County Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
The preliminary round for Northwest suburban and Lake County teams of the IHSA Competitive Dance state championships took place Friday, January 30th, in Bloomington.
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week Jan 28, 2014 12:00 AM
The Daily Herald Prep Photos of the Week gallery includes the best high school sports images by our photographers featuring the best from girls basketball, wrestling, swimming, gymnastics and boys basketball.
Sheehan’s shooting sparks Marmion Jan 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Michael Sheehan has the blessing of his head coach to shoot the basketball. After the Marmion senior guard hit just 1 of his 6 first-half field goal attempts, he kept his head up and followed his coach’s advice. Sheehan scored 21 of his career-high 24 points in the second half, as the Cadets (9-10, 3-1) rallied from a 7-point halftime deficit to defeat St. Francis 59-53 in Suburban Christian Conference Blue Division basketball action Friday night in Aurora.
Ball, Bauman combine to pace Glenbard South Jan 23, 2014 12:00 AM
With 12 points in the first quarter, you would have thought it would be Sydney Bauman who would have the game high for the Glenbard South girls basketball team against St. Francis. Instead it was teammate Tomei Ball who stole the show.
St. Francis showing respect for its past Jan 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Among St. Francis coach Bob Ward’s many facets is a respect and appreciation for Illinois basketball history, taking special pride in local boys, and men, made good.
Images: St. Francis at Glenbard South girls basketball Jan 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Glenbard South hosted St. Francis Thursday, Jan. 23 for girls basketball in Glen Ellyn.
St. Francis gets restarted quickly Jan 22, 2014 12:00 AM
The St. Francis boys basketball team had only played twice during this month before Wednesday night’s 66-41 home win over Walther Christian.
Images: St. Francis vs. Walther Christian Academy boys basketball Jan 22, 2014 12:00 AM
Saint Francis High School hosted Walther Christian Wednesday, Jan. 22 for boys basketball.
Aurora Christian defeats St. Francis Jan 14, 2014 12:00 AM
Many factors contributed to the Aurora Christian boys basketball team’s 58-48 win at St. Francis on Tuesday night. And put respect for their opponent near the top of that list as well.
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week Dec 31, 2013 12:00 AM
The Daily Herald Prep Photos of the Week gallery includes the best high school sports images by our photographers featuring the best from boys and girls holiday basketball tournaments.
- Authorities: Georgia man stole millions from Aon Hewitt
- Bulls' Fredette doesn't disappoint
- Motorola Solutions shrinks, while Zebra grows
- St. Charles aldermen ready to boot firm from downtown
- District 220 parents have plenty to say about class sizes
- Warrenville comedian makes a career in TV commercials
- Review: Ups and downs with Google Glass apps
- Suburban marathoners head to Boston with purpose
- This White Sox start — good and bad — can't last
- Police: Boy brought loaded gun to Aurora school
- Suburbs face worst roadwork season in years
- Report: Walgreen pressured to move HQ to Europe
- Tight wedding ring, other subtle changes pointed to tumor
- Police: Utah mom admitted to killing her 6 babies
- Naperville teacher knows what makes students tick
- St. Charles East students help 2-year-old girl
- Round Lake Beach man dies after crash on Edens
- Addison mom gets 7 years for stabbing young son
- Review: Fire TV device great, but not fully ready
- With $41.4M, 'Captain America' holds off 'Rio 2'
- Obama doing what's best for country
- Report: Walgreen pressured to move HQ to Europe
- Kotowski: Rifle association not truthful about meeting
- DuPage mayors step up push for pension reform
- Amrich campaign supporter could double commission stipend
- Naperville teacher knows what makes students tick
- Closer by committee? Cubs ought to give it a shot
- Mortgage debt forgiveness back on table
- Last call for Mickey Finn's at old location
- Schaumburg's budget boosts roadwork, lowers taxes
- FIRE CHIEF - TAKE A CLOSER LOOK! Webster City, Iowa a North Central Iowa community of 8,000 is accepting applications for the position of Fire Chief. Visit our website at www.webstercity.com for details. E.O.E. (id:4370575) DRIVERS CLASS A B AND C. - Drivers A/B/C DRIVERS WITH FURNITURE MOVING EXPERIENCE CLASS A, B and C : ALL EMPLOYEES ARE DRUG TESTED Please apply in person: SHUR-WAY MOVERS 1943 Industrial Dr Libertyville ? 847-362-2976 (id:4370462) DATA ENTRY - Data Entry/General Office for Wheeling co. Must be early riser -4am start, M-F, FT. Alternate Saturdays also. Fax 847-520-8396 or call 847-520-8300 -Annette. (id:4368201)
- CLERICAL - Clerical Must have good communication skills. General Office duties, computer exp. Fast paced environment. Email resume: email@example.com (id:4370395) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Money Motivated Individuals Bonuses -Benefits -$10/hr Local Multimedia Company Immediate Openings Call for Details 847-741-1200 -NW Suburbs (id:4370717) COUNTERTOP/PREMIUM SURFACE FABRICATOR - Countertop/Premium Surface Fabricator Fabricator in northwest suburbs has immediate positions available in Fabrication and AutoCad Staff. Full benefit package is offered. Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at: Gerali Custom Design, Inc., 1482 Sheldon Dr., Elgin, IL 60120 (id:4370434)
- MACHINE OPERATOR - MACHINE OPERATOR Steel Co in Addison has immed opening for exp CNC/Plasma Burning Machine & Waterjet Ops. or CNC exp. Use of measuring devices needed. Hiring day and night shifts, good pay & benefits. Call #630-627-2900, email: email@example.com or apply at 145 N. Swift Rd. Addison (id:4370645) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing1st & 2nd Shifts Maintenance Mechanic $22/hr Machine Operator...To $14/hr 2+ years experience a must. Itasca630-620-9800 (id:4370709) DENTAL ASSISTANT - Our Busy office in Belvidere needs F/T Dental Asst. and Dental Front Desk Person, Experience is Preferred but we can train you if you are a self startrer, fast learner, highly motivated individual with an out going personality. We offer top $$$$, Paid holidays, Paid Vacation, Christmas Bonus and there is a potential for cash Bonus. We take Pride in keeping our patients satisfied, A bigger majority of our patients is Bilingual. Please email your resume to Prodentalpractice@live.com Fax 630-428-2182. (id:4370684)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.